Show your whole beds in bloom please.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Now that bloom is winding down everywhere and we are all busy planting I think we need some photos of your entire beds in bloom so we can get our fix and some ideas for color placement etc.

Winnsboro, TX

There is no rhyme or reason to my plantings. I just stuck them in the ground when I got them from Cooley's a couple of years ago. LOL Now I'm going around and trying to plant certain colors together for a better display of color.

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Color Color Color. Love it. Love that long fall blue. I have been digging an old bed today and getting out all the grass that was choking everything. I just put in several Iris along with the ones that were in the grass back in. Found Gypsy Romance. Tiny but maybe it will have a chance now.

Beatrice, NE(Zone 5b)

Don't take very many whole bed pictures for some reason, but here is the best one I have:

Thumbnail by KSBaptisia
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

well here's mine but with laptop crashed, you have to travel to the bucket to see em.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v725/Elizabethtown/Garden%20shots/

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Roni, your photos are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Thank you Mittsy. That was the "before" shots of the renovation being documented in the thread "July iris work?..." here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1011949/

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Kbaptisia that is beautiful. And the best flower front and center. She is adorable.

Roni I love those photos. What a beautiful yard. I am impressed.

Spicer, MN

KS...your whole bed picture is beautiful! (I like your Iris too!) She must be around 4 yrs. old? I'm missing my Granddaughter to pieces and am going down home to NE tomorrow to see her...it's been 4 months. I'll probably see her Dad & Mom too. :o) Aren't we blessed?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

What a pretty, happy looking little girl!

Roni, your beds are gorgeous. I love the terracing.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Thanks Polly. The stones were free from area creeks, but as the finances free up they will be replaced with the castle stone that we used a few years ago on the then dahlia garden. Of course never had much luck with the dahlias and not for want of trying. Now it is a temporary holding bed for all those irises I've forgotten their names or mixed up their tags and have to await new blooms to see just who it is in which spot.

Roni

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

They might have been free in price, Roni, but certainly not free in labor. You obviously spent a lot of time, and physical effort in the beds, and they are lovely.

I'd love to terrace the front of the house, but just the thought of moving stone, and digging the dirt........We are so flat here it really needs it though. We sit on top of a hill, and have a great view when the leaves are off the trees, but it's almost like a plateau up here.

Our saving grace is we are on sand, so digging isn't hard.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.