Auctions

New Paris, OH

Anyone an auction junkie? I love to go to farm auctions to pick up good items at cheap prices. Box lots are the best because you get a box of stuff with perhaps 2 items you wanted and than there is always one or two suprises in there also along with some junk.

The last auction I went to for $14 we got an antique seed cleaner (which will be rehabbed and used for seed cleaning), a reel mower, a picknik table 2 thick braided rugs and couple of saw horses which will be used for wood cutting for the wood stove this fall/winter.

Granted if you don't watch it you can pay way too much at an auction but if you are careful at all, you will find cheap treasures.

I find, that around here, couches and exercise bikes go for next to nothing and things like lawn mowers are cheap in winter and expensive in summer. Christmass tree decos/lights are the same way-buy them cheap in summer and pay through the nose in winter.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!