Hydrangea 'Limelight'

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Just purchased three of these for the fall from Avant Gardens. Anyone here been growing them for a couple years? I was wondering how fast they grow and to what dimensions they reach in this area. Are they good bloomers, when start to bloom for you and are they green or more white around here?

Thumbnail by ngam
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Mine is on its second full year. It's now about 6 feet tall. Bloom is pretty good. Green at first, then white.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the info Victor. Oh good sounds like it will fill out quickly then. Do you recall when it starts to bloom out there?

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Pretty early - probably late June. And this was a freaky year.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I bought 2 last year at a discount price because it was the end of the season. I have to say it is the best blooming and long lasting bloomer I have. I moved one this spring and it did not seem to bother it. Did they grow? holy cow yes they did. The ont that gets morning sun seemed to grow in a better shape. The one that gets less sun got more long shoots, but had great blooms. I have seen one here that is at least 15 ft tall. I think you have to trim them to keep them in control.

Yikes! 15 ft tall??? Oops - I've definitely planted mine in the wrong place. Mine started blooming almost a month ago here and still looks pretty fresh. It bloomed after 'Annabelle' and it's nice to have such nice flowers this time of year. When's the best time to prune these?

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh wow they are growing well! I guess where I want mine pruning will be a must if they grow like that. Here is a site I have posted elsewhere, I think, but it has good info on pruning etc. http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/
I am glad to hear that these are good bloomers too. Mine are supposed to arrive at the end of the month weather permitting.

ngam - Thanks for posting that link. Lots of useful info on Hydrangeas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.