banana ?

Fresno, CA(Zone 9a)

I got these at WalMart they were dying with no tags. I have not had them very long they were in 4 in pots but there doing very good. Anyone know what kind of banana they are ?
Thanks
Greg

Thumbnail by CherokeeGreg
Keaau, HI

They will need to mature to determine a cultivar.

Fresno, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL there you are again Ok I got it. Thanks allot
Greg

Davao, Philippines

That looks like a red banana. Sorry I don't know a correct name. In the Philippines it grows only about 6 feet tall and has red colored small sweet bananas.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oooh! Red bananas are yummy!

Huntsville, Canada

nice plant I have a house plant banana my cats keep eating the leaves I had to put it up high I should take it outside for the summer but im afraid of bugs comming back in for the winter. Nice and big already. Mine dosn't have red on the stems.

Key Largo, FL

May be a Red Dwarf, those are very popular. Your plant looks very healthy and strong now--you may want to separate some of those pups before they crowd each other out.

Fresno, CA(Zone 9a)

Quote from 1stxsquid :
May be a Red Dwarf, those are very popular. Your plant looks very healthy and strong now--you may want to separate some of those pups before they crowd each other out.

I posted this in August of last year. I have separated them many times since. I now have allot of diffrent varieties in my garden now. I got hooked on banana plants ! Thanks
Greg

Huntsville, Canada

thank you for the update can you show us another pic want to see a pic of mine it has new growth that my cats cant reach lol

Fresno, CA(Zone 9a)

Here is a few of my banana plants

Fresno, CA(Zone 9a)

Here is one called California Gold

Huntsville, Canada

wow they look very nice will they eventually give you fruit when they get big enough

This message was edited Jul 6, 2010 3:51 PM

Huntsville, Canada

here is my banana looks a little ruff but in between my cats and cold house in the winter i'm lucky its still here

Thumbnail by nicholtammy
Fresno, CA(Zone 9a)

Quote from nicholtammy :
wow they look very nice will they eventually give you fruit when they get big enough

This message was edited Jul 6, 2010 3:51 PM

They say for sure the California Gold will fruit here . Lets hope

Fresno, CA(Zone 9a)

Quote from nicholtammy :
here is my banana looks a little ruff but in between my cats and cold house in the winter i'm lucky its still here

Very nice plant lots of babies on it too.

Huntsville, Canada

ya its one of my favorite house plants the leaves are beautiful I'm happy to hear you may get fruit eventually I know mine wont but I like it anyway

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.