Trailer Trash to Deer Camp

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Greetings T2Ters!

This is the 2nd year hubby and his brother are on this particular deer lease. Last year they had a big awning thing that they covered with huge tarps. I slept out there a time or two and it was very comfortable. Then Hurricane Ike blew through SE Texas and destroyed their camp area, along with several travel trailers in the main camp area. Some of the guys there abandoned their trailers because of the damage.

Hubby and his brother got their hands on two of them. They moved them to our camp area and began to refurbish them this past month. I was gone on vacation when the tear out began but as soon as I got back, I began to take photos of the progress. It helps tremendously that both of these guys are carpenters and have access to leftover materials on job sites. So far, we have very little money in ours.

My brother in law has been working more in the field getting ready for the season, so not much has been done to his at this point. He's supposed to be working on it this weekend.

Our camp is separate from the rest of the lease. The other guys like to stay up late and drink beer as they tell "deer lies". Hubby and his brother are more serious about hunting and like their peace and quiet to sleep in. We've got a new member that the guys work with that is more of a "mudder" (there's lots of places to 4 wheel out there too) than a hunter. He will be in our camp. He's going to put in a well so we have running water. That will be a big improvement on the camp area.

This is a Work in Progress and I'll update the slide show as more work is done. Hubby and I are going to stay in ours this weekend. They still look hideous from the outside, but we're taking some bleach and comet with us to try and get ours a little more respectable looking on the outside.

http://uniquetreasures.phanfare.com/4249504#imageID=77079807

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!