Yay! All 24 of my Irises have been growing just fine...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

...in our new garden.
I had ordered over 40 this Spring, but my space available only allowed me to plant a bit over 1/2 of them. I shared them with my MIL. I chose my fav top 24 of them and she got the rest. I can't wait to see them bloom next Spring! I've definately learned that one needs a LOT of patience when one gets started with Irises...LOL...2 years from ordering til blooming in one's own garden...Good Grief!...Give me strength...hehehe

This message was edited Aug 18, 2009 2:15 AM

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Nice neat area there SusanLouise. They will look beautiful when they do bloom and it will be worth the wait!!
Laura

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Susanlouise you have lots of grass there. When your MIL's bunch multiply dig them up and start another bed so you can enjoy every bloom on those too and give her some of the 24 that you planted when you divide them. Nice looking bed by the way, I like that design.

Cherryvale, KS

I think you need to dig up the length of the fence! Then order 100 more! LOL Some will probably bloom next year! pic Chocolate Moose

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hello Laura, Rebloomnut and NickysIris, ...Thank you!

Rebloomnut,
Yep, lots of grass...LOL ...but I need the rest of the area for the feeders for the birds in the winter. I've been developing our backyard into a wildlife habitat...here's a couple of pics. Since that is a new garden that wasn't there last winter, I'll be needing to put the line of feeders toward the center of the yard...so the grass area is needed! :)
Unless we win a powerball ticket and get an acerage somewhere, that's about all I'll be planting...unless an
Iris dies or I want to switch one or two out with another, that's all I'll be planting...guess small potatos next to everyone else...

NickysIris,
"Some will probably bloom next year..."
Some? I'm expectng them all to bloom!

This message was edited Aug 18, 2009 11:30 AM

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's another pic...

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Winnsboro, TX

Oh Susan, your in so much trouble. Not only do you have the iris disease but you also have the gotta feed nature one too. Your pocket book is going to suffer greatly from these addictions. Just make sure you don't get hooked on Daylilies too. LOL

I thought I was bad with all my feeders and birdhouses. Now I've found someone else who's just as bad. Makes me feel a little more normal to find someone else like me.

Happy Gardening,
Marian

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

my dad loved his birds and had feeders and houses all over some of which I inherited. He got me hooked and have been on the Hanckock Wildlife site sine early May watching baby eagles hatch and grow and no fledge the nests. What else can I get into???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.