Reblooming Iris

Spicer, MN

This has become a major selling point in buying Iris. When living in a '4' climate, chances are pretty slim to none of having an Iris that will do this. I actually had it happen once with Matrix in 2007. I couldn't believe it but then I wasn't expecting it. So, do you tend to buy the reblooming Iris because of this amazing feat? Do you think that re-bloomers are as beautiful the second time in the fall or tend to be smaller? Whatever...you are so blessed to have Iris bloom again as it was so unheard of 30 years ago.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Mine seem to be the same size as during spring bloom, but where spring bloom is staggered (mdb, sdb, ib, bb/mtb/tb the rebloomer season seems to be all at once (or at least closer together).

Roni

South Hamilton, MA

The only difference in size was with IB 'I Bless'. the flower was a bit large in the spring & proper size in the fall. It was very reliable. I took it to the club iris sale some yrs ago as I needed its space.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I have this little Iris re-blooming today. It's the SDB WHAT AGAIN and the same size as the first blooms as far as I can tell.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.