The Flowerpot cafe' 24 Cyber St

london England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe'. Join us for a pot of flowers!
Please help to decorate the cafe with fresh flowers for our tables and patio areas outside!

Thumbnail by terriculture

On the menu today...... fresh cakes!
The finest homegrown ingredients include, Plox, Roses, Zinnias and Asters.

Louisville, KY

Mmmm...yummers. That looks awesome Terri. Thanks for making it. I brought cuttings from my snail vine, a bouquet of Pride of Barbados, pink and orange, and of course chocolate. But not just any old choc. This is Belgian choc, hand dipped raspberries wrapped in rose petals.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey plant you have a snail vine too? Aren't they wonderful, mine is really taking off across the island right now and will soon have blooms I hope

Louisville, KY

Yes, first one for me. I saw the blooms and had to have one. There are a few blossoms now and I hope to get seeds for next year. Too bad they aren't hardy. Oh well, can't have it all. Good luck with yours and hope you get boatloads of blooms.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have had mine for about 7 years geek. I just take it inside in the winter and out again every spring. It was really full of blooms last year and that has been the best year for it yet. It started slow this season but once it roots itself on the isle it really starts to grow like crazy. It wants to wrap itself around everything in its reach.

(Zone 6a)

Oh nice, a new Cafe! I brought some roses for the new garden in the front!

Terri, is that yellow Love-Lies-Bleeding in the first photo?

I brought the roses from my garden, I picked them up last year at the supermarket. I find those ones are some of the easiest roses!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well aren't you just "peachy" Steven. Do you mean the grocers roses are easier to maintain? I find that some years my roses don't do much and other years like this year they keep coming and coming.

(Zone 6a)

And heres some marigolds too. All those yellow ones at the front are ONE PLANT!

Candee, is your snail vine planted on an island?

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Thanks Candee :) Yes, I find that most of those cheapy ones that are sold inside grocery stores and walmarts are tough as nails and never fail to bloom!

I also have a rose called 'The Fairy' thats really easy to grow as well.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Yes Steven - the vigna caracalla is in a pot and the pot sits out on our "Isle of Dreams" and it roots through the bottom of the pot in the gravel on the island.
Well I'll have to try a walmart rose next year perhaps!

(Zone 6a)

Hmm..................I wish I had an island! Do you have a picture???? I've always admired the snail vine, what colour is yours?

You should get a walmart rose next time you're there. I've stuck them out late as November with some leaf mulch and they come back fine.

Hi Plantgeek, Candee and Steven!
yum, Thanks for the Belgian chocolate Plantgeek, what a treat with the raspberries and rose petals! I have 2 tiny Beargrass plants, will take a pic and show you!

Did you use your snail vine in an arrangement last year Candee? I seem to remember seeing it!
It's a while since we saw a picture of the cafe' s ' Island of dreams '.. lol!

Steven, Thanks for the roses and marigolds, it's looking lovely and colourful in our new front garden.
It is green Amaranthus, but looks yellow in the picture.

(Zone 6a)

Thank you Terri! Maybe Blossom will donate some kale as well :) heh heh heh.
I think I'm needing to get me some green amaranthus!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Steven you need to get out back more often, guess you can't see the island with that new fence. The vigna is on the far right in the pot, this was taken in June you will have to get out there and see it as it is really spreading. The vigna is pink and white

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

This is an old photo you may recall how the island looked last year. Will have to get out and take some recent ones for you.

Thumbnail by haighr
(Zone 6a)

OH YES! I remember the island now! I wouldn't mind having something like that in my backyard! In the first photo, what is the pink flower just behind the blood grass?

Well, I'm off for now to collect some material, feed myself, and then whip up some shakes for the cafe!!! We can't let Milky Joe think she owns the place!

(Zone 6a)

"No, please don't touch that Madame............WHAT? No. This is not 'your kitchen'!!! Madame, if you do not realize this isn't your Cafe the Management will take action against you!"

*Madame SLAMS the door behind her*

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You know I have just about had enough of Madame, I fired her once, I think you should take the next action Steven. I heard her mumbling under her breath when I came in this morning, something about being taken advantage of? I do believe she has had ample opportunity to turn her attitude around and I am not willing to give her another chance, sorry! I wash my hands of her!
The container behind the blood grass is a combination of red nasturium and pink spider dahlias.

(Zone 6a)

Ok, I'll take the action.............................I'll be back.

"................................
.................................."

*muffled voices*

Ok, Madame has been let go. I spared her the wood chipper but told her not to come back as she and her attitude are no longer welcome here.

Hi everyone, trouble in Paradise again? Lol Madame has had enough chances!
Now Dolly, don't get upset, she has to go!!

Have fun everyone!!!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! going on my holidays, see you in a couple of weeks!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Knock knock!! AM I too late? I brought a coleus lasagna to send terri off with and a basket of peppers!

I see the Madame has been giving a-hem issues!! Well, maybe now she has the record straight!!

Bloomers has been behaving at the rival.

Geek, oh man, a snail vine??? never heard of one no less have I ever seen one. Can you show us?

Well here is the coleaus lasagna, it is garnished with some chocolate mint and a few endless summer hydrangea snips.

Enjoy!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

And the gareen peppers stuffed in a basket with other delights!

I left another pepper basket at the rival for you terri.. so on your way out on holiday its there for you!

(Zone 6a)

Mmm, those veggies and real good Blossom and they hit the spot with the lasagna!

Did I miss Terri's send off? Darn it! I made some Vanilia shakes! Oh and who wants to take over the hiring for a new hostess? We should interview and line up potential candidates for the spot. Or maybe we should promote Milky Joe and find someone to take her spot?

Anyways, heres a late night snack for everyone!
Yummy melon!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

And here's some shakes for Terri's send off! If you don't get one tonight Terri we'll save you one!

Here's the delicious shakes, they're 'Vanilla' with a twist of 'Cherry Pie'

Mmmmmm...

Enjoy!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Here's some more! Theres enough to go round!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Well goodnight everyone! Sleep well!

I guess I'll lock up the Cafe behind me....the spare key will be under the flowerpot as usual for anyone who stops by late night.

*click*

*door shuts*

*key turns*

*latch slides across*

Wow! The stars sure are bright!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Glad I got here first thing this morning Steven and got one of those delicious shakes outta the fridge. What a nice way to start the morning. I will surely pop back in at lunch time for some of BB's delicious lasagne, it is my favorite.
BB that basket is just lovely, what a nice send off for terri.
One of these days I am just going to have to stay up later and try to see those stars - guess it will happen in the near future as it is already getting darker earlier here.
Steven - you and BB are doing such a marvelous job holding down the fort since Madames departure, thanks for all your help around here. Guess it's my turn to pitch in and straighten up.

Yuk, cleaning bathrooms is not my favorite job, but I muddled through it. Now guess I will get to cleaning the grill and then the bar area and then I'll be off to work, but will definitely be back for lunch!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

GOOOOD MORNING! Good morning, good morning and a very good morning glory to you!

Wow, what is that gleam coming from the bathroom! Haighr, you have done such a glorious job! How are SW's shakes! There is plenty of that special lasagna to go around.

I gathered some more veggies already this morning and have a kitchen full of work to do. You would not mind cleaning the fridge would you dear??! OY, seems summer time just never can let me keep up with the mess in there of things coming and going all the time.

I am going to have a busy day. Dont know whether to start in the office or hit the gardens or the GPS. They are all a mess. Days like today make me want to go back to the bedroom and start over doing something there.

The sun is out and the temps are mild. Still need more rain!

Well, all, have a grrrreat day!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh my! BB's delicious lasagna and one of Steven's marvelous shakes and now I am stuffed. I know, it is not the standard breakfast but I just had to have it anyway.

Candee, Dolly said she will take over the cleaning duties and will bus tables, waitress and wash dishes. She is afraid of the Late' machine though so someone else will need to run that and the cash register because she is no good at counting change. And she can handle some cooking such as the grill but she has no skill for baking pastries, cookies or cakes or making up fancy dishes so maybe Milky Joe can be the head Chef?

I went ahead and cleaned out the fridge and wiped down the counters and shelves so Dolly could start with a nice clean place.

All these wonderful flowery treats are simply divine. I was afraid we would be feeling neglected with Terri on vacation but it looks like we will be doing just fine now that others have stepped up to the challange. We do need to figure out some sort of mischief to get into though...So Terri can make us all new naughty chairs when she gets back ;~)

Humansville, MO

hiall
i found the cafe
it a good to stay inside
rain rain go away elle want to play out side
elle

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Elle. Warm up and stay dry. I'll try doing a rain dance and see if we can move that rain west to California for a while.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey elle!!!! SEND THE RAIN OVER YAR!!!
Desperately need it!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well thank you so much for the rain elle! What a lightning show too! Boom boom BOOOOOOOM!

We could use some more, but the near inch we got is a great blessing!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sure am glad to hear you got some rain your way BB, think they expect it to come our way today. Steve has been putting up the maters, that giant plant I posted on giants in the garden now boasts 42 tomatoes still on the vine ripening and we have picked 2. Will have to go count again after we return from the cabin, perhaps it will hit 50!
elle, hope you took the opportunity to get some rest during your rainstorm. I know you want to be outside, but you tend to wear yourself out when you work out there continually!
Thanks to whoever left a bit of lasagne in the sparkling fridge. Guess I will go ahead and eat it cold for breakfast, um, um good, smack, smack!
As for a new chef, how bout considering Fritz. We first met last year and then he went away to college, he just returned to the area this spring and has been looking for work. He has always wanted to work in a place where he could have free rein to create his masterpieces in a state of the art kitchen. Well when I showed him around this morning, he was just thrilled. Please don't mention his nose, he is quite sensitive about it. Feel free to ask him anything else during the interview.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey Steven, take a look at the bottom thread of this post. Are these the masked bandits we saw in the sunflower patch???

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1017513/

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

....and I thought I was the only one that liked cold lasagna!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Apparently not!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, if Fritz is interested in the job, can he give us a sample of his delicacies?

Meanwhile, lets polish off this lasagna before someone else comes!!

hehehehe!!

(....is he related to Bid Bird on Seseme Street???? They have a stunning resemblance to each other...??)

(_)?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

This is one of his specialty cakes and it has a chocolate cream filling. When you light the torches on it, the whole cake doubles each time someone takes another slice. It is really phenomenal to watch!
I wouldn't ask about the relationship to Big Bird, like I said he is really sensitive.

Thumbnail by haighr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.