Time flies...

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

They say the older you get, the quicker it goes!

I don't know what age has to do with it but I know the busier you are, the more you lose. Time flies when you are having fun? LOL

I was going to add some pics of the kids but the impending birth thread was really long!

So, here is a new one for whoever is interested.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I snapped this picture on Nolan's 5 month birthday.

He was 8 pounds and 13 ounces when he was born.

He was 17 pounds and 13 ounces at four months.

At 5 months, he is wearing clothes that are 9-12 months. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Crossville, TN

OH He's getting to look more like me! In weight that is! He is so adorable...I wish I could just kiss and hug on him. Jo

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This picture is my oldest and youngest, taken yesterday. My eldest looks like my mother.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Jo! You know you are welcome any time!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The oldest two with Nolan.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Number four looks just like her daddy!

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Number 3, 5 and 6 mugging for the camera.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Have you ever tried to get 7 kids to behave, stand still, look at the camera, keep their hands to themselves and smile AT THE SAME TIME???

It didn't help that we were in a hurry-had to drop 3 kids off at 2 different parties, then finish buying school supplies. Ugh.

The baby was actually the best behaved...

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The 5 year old had clearly had enough...

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay Mom, we've had enough...

Thumbnail by Badseed
Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

You still have the cutest family ever. Nolan is fitting right in with them all in the 'good looks' department. lol You can sure tell that they are all from the same family.

I am sorry that you lost your job and will keep my fingers crossed that something comes up soon for Craig. You sure one of those job offers isn't for So. Calif.? We have some great weather for growing plants and we don't have snow or hurricanes. lol

We've truly missed having you around this past summer, especially seeing all the antics you do around the garden and your home. lol

Thanks for updating us with these beautiful photo's of the kids.

Hugs to all,
Donna

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We just started into birthday month x4. Carly just turned 12.

This year I have kids in Kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th grade. NOW I feel old! LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Awe thanks Donna. :)

As much as we'd love to live close to you, the cost of living would do us in. A salary that we'd live well on here, would be nothing out there. And due to your lack of humidity, my hair looks awful in California! LOL Not that I'm shallow. hahahaha It really is nice out there, at least where I have visited.

I have not been out to do anything much in the garden all summer! Nolan was born March 8th and I started that job on April 6th. There just wasn't time for anything else. I guess I could take pictures of the weed masses then after the weeds are pulled (if I get that far). THAT would be impressive. My gardens have never looked this bad. Now it's blazing hot...

Hugs to you sweet lady. It's nice to see you!

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

They look great Chele, as always. :)

I agree with Donna - you do have the cutest family. Thanks for sharing new pictures. Nolan sure has gotten big - he looks like a happy boy.

Happy Birthday to Carly - she is a beauty!!

I hope you find another job soon.

Hugs, Loretta

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Melissa! Thanks!

After looking at the pics of goofball Maddie, I thought I should include one where she looks normal. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow....what great looking kids! Hope I get to see them in person soon. Being unemployed is great and horrible. Great to have the time to garden and horrible to be so broke.... :o(

Glad to see you posting again.

Cookie

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Beautiful children Chele'. And time DOES seem to fly. I can't believe they are getting so grown up.

Seems like just yesterday they were all toddling after you in the gardens......................................

Molly

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hello Loretta! It's great to hear from you.

Thank you! Nolan is a great baby-very happy, easy going and pleasant.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow you guys are quick!

I hear ya Joyce! Me working, used to just be for extras, paying down bills, etc. Craig has been out of work since April of 2008. Surely the dam will break soon so jobs open up. He gets shot down for most of them because he has way too much experience and they don't think he'd be happy working for 1/2 wages. 1/2 wages are better than no wages but I do understand their point. They think he will bail on them as soon as a better job opens.

You'll have to let me know whether or not kids are invited to the fall RU. I may be able to get away for the day depending on soccer and basketball and such.

Hello Molly! Great to see you. Yeah, it sure will be weird this year. All the girls will be off to school and just Nolan will be home. He can't even sleep when it's quiet. LOL Should be interesting.

Dexter, ME

What a beautiful family you are blessed.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

It's great seeing pictures of the brood, Chele! Maddie made me laugh out loud with her faces in the last two group pictures.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sure, Chele...kids can come. I hope we have a good turnout. We missed you at the Spring RU, but understood with the new little guy and all.

My two grandsons are just around Nolan's age. They surely do grow and change fast. I love this age, cause they seem to find something new everyday...

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Your family is so beautiful!! Man those kids have grown, I just saw them year before last, and they are grown, slow down kids!! lol

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Such cuties you have , Michele! Thanks for the pictures! They are ALL adorable!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow, they have gotten so big since I last saw them! What a gorgeous bunch of kids!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You've got a fan-tabulous crew, there! Thanks for all the updates. We'll continue to keep you in prayer re. your & Craig's job situation.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

HI Chele..Thanks so much for the photos..lovely family...little guy fits right in. In his little overalls, he could be in the garden weeding when it gets a bit cooler.
Best of luck to you all. I have a nephew in the same position as your DH. Too much experience in town where the biggest employer shut down. Keeping my fingers crossed,
There is always next season for daylilies..they are cool that way.
Hugs Marcia

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Chele the kids are great. Love how they express mom taking so long. Got a chuckle out of them. They are so nice looking. Take care.
Steph

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
It appears Maddie has gotten Mom's sense of humor...... and facial expressions!

Of course children are more than welcome.
Who else will do the cleanup and fetch drinks........

This message was edited Aug 15, 2009 9:54 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Chele, your family is just wonderful.

I can't believe how Nolan has grown already!

Does your husband have the shotgun ready, for the boys that are/ will be flocking to your house? Some gorgeous girls you have there.

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful, beautiful family, Chele! You truly are blessed! Nolan is growing so fast! Prayers coming your way for the job situation.

Love,

Bonnie

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the lovely pictures.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I had a few more pics of the kids. Monday was the first day of school.

Maddie, headed for her first day of Kindergarten-not making a horrendous face...

Thumbnail by Badseed
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

She's adorable Chele! Just took my two gkids school clothes shopping. Dawson goes to kindergarten this year too, but has two wks yet until he starts. Know what you mean about the horrendous faces...LOL!! He sure can make some!! But he's cute too...lol.

Chele, she is just beautiful!! And the background is great.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks ladies. :) Kids sure have a way of making their independence known!

It was bright and sunny that morning and there were no good places to snap pics (especially since my gardens are a mess!). We snapped that one on the back porch with a "rose of Sharon" as a back drop. I think it's the only decent plant that came with the house. LOL

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

Chele, You are SO blessed!! I know it can weigh you down worrying about jobs, money, etc...been there....BUT, you have so much love in that home, I can feel it!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Awe thanks. :)

Yeah, it's been kind of like losing a loved one. I think we've been through all the stages of shock, anger, then around to fear and worry, then angry some more. We're just rolling with the punches. Not much else you can do. We haven't give up and just keep saying it has to get better. It's a tough time right now for many.

I know that I am very lucky to have a wonderful family, both at home and here at DG.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.