I'm looking for cybisters.

Maple Heights, OH

I am looking for some Cybisters, I have some 2 year old bulbs of LA PAZ, but would like to get some other varieties. If anyone know of any good sources, please let me know. TIA, John

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I did a google.com search for "Cybisters" and found tons of resources.

Maple Heights, OH

I'll have to try again, I only found 1 place that has them so far.

Maple Heights, OH

Thanks, Easy To Grow Bulbs is the one I found. Hirts Greenhouse aka bulbmart on Ebay has some, and they are only about a half hour drive so I'll go visit them sometime this week. I seldom bid on auctions anymore, but use Buy It Now on Ebay, to both buy and sell.

Consider:
Royal Colors
Telos Rare Bulbs
Jacques Armand

Maple Heights, OH

THANK YOU Gordo!

You're welcome. :-)

Zephyrhills, FL

I was well satisfied with the hybrid Cybisters I bought from "easy to grow bulbs". If you are interested in first generation species crosses involving Cybister,then Kevin Preuss of Amaryllis-plus.com has some interesting ones. I bought some species bulbs from him and I am well satisfied with the healthy bulbs I recieved. The order I recieved from telos was packed well and the roots still engorged with water. They never missed a beat,when transplanted.
There are several more reliable sources who carry the ten or fifteen most well known commercial varieties. google is not the only search engine, or neccessesarily the best.
They no longer give much information, that sellers didn't pay a high price for. I use Dogpile a lot.
Sometimes Telos carries the species Cybister,grown from seed.
Mr Sheilds,a nurseryman,who is on this forum,may have some interesting varieties.
Del

Mobile, AL

I agree with Del about Easy to Grow Bulbs. They are very responsive and pleasant to deal with, and I have heard excellent reports regarding Kevin Preuss.

One of the biggest problems is that Amaryllis suppliers are not listing Cybisters as a Cybister. They are listed under several different categories like 'Special Amaryllis Novelties' or 'Specials' or simply under the variety name.

The best advise I can give is to do a search for amaryllis (or bulb) catalogs and drool over each and every one! You will most likely know which ones are cybister when you see them.

Ann

Mesa, AZ

I agree with both Ann and Del, Easy to Grow Bulbs has been really easy to work with (had a mislabeled bulb shipped to me last year, and they replaced it without hesitation), and the bulbs I received were all very good quality. I've already placed my order with them for this fall.

Phoenix Ryan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.