Fall RU AND Pond Christening

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

When Sept 26th 11 AM...

This is the more laid back RU of our group.

More a Party/Picnic/Gathering than a Full Blown RU.
No formal plant trades... though private ones are as always welcome.
Just kick back by the new pond and relax.

Hosts:
This year hosted by Joyce and Bertie their DH's Bill and Herb and of course Cayenne and Maggie .

Where...
6211 St. Rt. 123 (also known as Franklin-Lebanon Rd), Franklin, OH 45005

Who...
The ORVG Members of course and their Family and Friends
also
any DG'ers living in the area.

Come on Lurkers this is your moment.
Ask any of the new Members who made it to the Spring RU.
I'll let them describe their 'Trial of Fire' LOL!

Also any DG subscribers and Members who just happen to be 'In the Area' visiting.

The ORVG welcomes ALL w/ Open Arms...

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Please come....I promise not to make you pull weeds..... ^_^

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Robyn and I will definitely be there.

we shall be there with bells on
is R&R bringing the meatballs ? hmmmm

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

βεβαίως und Bratwurst !

Ric

This message was edited Aug 14, 2009 8:50 PM

This message was edited Aug 14, 2009 8:50 PM

oh yah yah der brats iz gude
shall i bring kraut ?

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

I am so sorry I will not be able to make it because of a previous engagement. Have a wonderful time!

Rebecca

P.S. Ric the Arrowhead you gave me is blooming now.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

:o( Oh Pooh, Rebecca....

so should we make a food list of what people are bringing or ??? just wing it and see what all goodies come of it ?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Let's wait a little closer to time. Then maybe more people will know if they'll be able to make it or not.

Roger Doger Cookie
i just dmailed you and asked you a question but you already answered it here LOL silly sue.
never mind :)

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Guess I never posted...but we plan on coming. Would we be allowed to bring a couple of guests? They don't eat much...and they LOVE gardens! If not..that's ok too....we will still come...lol!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Brian and I have a family wedding to go to that day :( Personally I'd rather be there with y'all!

Lana

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bring them on Marcy..... well that's actually the Host's call but.... lol!

Lana tell them to postpone the wedding.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I am not sure if I will be able to come. I would like to - but I would like to bring my Mom again, as she "never gets to go anywhere" (her words) and she liked coming last year. But, Josie is used to coming with me everywhere, since she is in training, and has not been left in the crate at home for more than an a couple hours at a time since I got her. I know Cayanne would not appreciate a new dog on her turf. So, may just have to see how Mom feels that day. If she's not up to coming and wants to stay home with the dog, I may run down for a bit. I would love to see everyone. I know it's odd to think of the dog, but I have been gradually building up her time in the crate when we are gone, and don't want to suddenly leave her for several hours. When I got her, she had some pretty bad separation anxiety issues - I guess the prisoner who cared for her never left her alone. Now that I have her, and am training her to be a service dog, I do take her a lot of places... but she also needs to learn to stay home alone. She is doing SO much better, that I don't want to screw it up. She has adjusted so well, and come so far in her training... I don't want to set her back.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Jules, you are more than welcome to bring Josie. Cayenne loves other dogs. She thinks they're her own personal playmates! Of course, we'd love to see Mom as well...seems to me there were some people who missed her lesson in frog bellies!!

Marcy, I always say the more the merrier! Especially if they're garden people. ^_^

I think we'll all have a good time, I know I'm looking forward to it!

yeah mom and Jules are coming ! i hope she feels up to coming Jules . that would be splendid .

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

IF I am able to come would anyone be interested in a couple houseplants? Mom has a huge fern she bought for the porch this spring and it will just die because she does not bring them inside in winter.

Then she does not want her orchid anymore. It is a phaleanopsis (I think) -- one of the easy to grow ones. If I remember right the bloom is light purple with dark purple spots. But it might be white with purple. She used to have several. During the big ice storm a few years back she lost many of them because the house was to cold for to long.

And she has at least one pot of snake plant or mother in laws tongue. She has three pots now and wants to repot them- probably only keep one. This has been in my family for years. Mom is 84 and she remembers it at her Aunt's when she was a girl. She asked for it when the aunt died about thirty years ago. She was so excited this summer because one of the pots bloomed.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Jules we would be honored to take an heirloom Snake Plant.
Robyn collects ferns so I'll ask her.
I sure hope you two can make it.
Robyn has a bunch of questions for you.

Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.