A windfall of Iris!

Rutledge, TN

I am the lucky recipient of a gardeners lifelong plantings of Iris, I have already dug up around 200 plants. Since I simply am not able to plant them all right away, how can I safely store the rhizomes to plant in the fall ? Does anyone have creative ideas for plantings of Iris? I will have at least 400 plants of all varieties by the time I am finished digging!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

wow you are one lucky gardener !!! I would heel them in or pot them up till you can get to them hope you have some big beds good luck ;0)
Gloria

p.s. if you have way to many I know a few of us could help you out (wink wink) what ever you do its going to be beautiful

Rutledge, TN

got quite a few in the ground today. I havn't much expertise with iris, except siberian, which grows beautifully for me here. these are bearded iris, and i'm just dispersing them amongst my cottage gardens. i would like a more dramatic showing with just the iris, but i have no idea which colors are which as the blooms have long gone.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

you will in the spring then you can move them around I put bread ties with tags so you know which is which good luck ;0)
Gloria

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.