DAILY PICS VOL. 237

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Sorry I made that last one so large, I can't seem to correct it. Here's another one.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Marlton, NJ

Their fine duc and he is a handsome one! Great shots!

Norman, OK

A Peacock taken at OKC Zoo yesterday. Took one of my visiting grandsons. Did a little birding at a nearby lake as well.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Norman, OK

A juve Black-crowned Night Heron.

Norman, OK

Double-crested Cormorant.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
A Peacock taken at OKC Zoo yesterday. Took one of my visiting grandsons.

That Peacock took one of your grandsons?!?

;-)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I hope not! LOL Good morning to everyone.

South Hamilton, MA

No wonder peacocks call 'help, help'.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

A dear friend of mine who lives in La. has a Peacock for a pet. I'd so love to be able to keep one but neighbors may run me away from the community if I ever adopt one. They're so beautiful and can be domesticated. I love them.

Rose, seems as if your goldfinch travels wide and far. LOL, it's visiting me today!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

A purple finch and .... (Please fill in the blank). :-)

Duc, your first pix of the Egret -- I'm afraid of height, and it's seemingly stepping out of the edge of the roof -- wouthout looking. LOL.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Resin that's a hoot!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Caught ya! Finally I managed to have caught the Redheaded Woodpecker with the peanut in its beak! Hope you enjoy this one. I like the colorful bird, but he/she is truly a bully! Upon arrival just a minute ago, he dive bombed into my purple finch at the feeder -- and boys!! You can see the feathers flying every which way!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
A purple finch and ... (Please fill in the blank)

American Goldfinch, female

Resin

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks Resin, she's just adorable!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Fantastic shot Lily!

Marlton, NJ

Great shot red! Love the Peacock and Cormorant!

Lily, Wonderful shot of the Red-headed!

Norman, OK

Lucky Lily-- to have that RH visiting her yard. I haven't had suet out this summer, so the WP's haven't been around.

A beautiful exotic duck, Ruddy Shelduck.

Norman, OK

A Green Heron taken earlier this week at Heard Nature Center, McKinney, TX.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Red, that peacock is beautiful and the juv Night-crowned is adorable. Your picture of the Cormorant is fantastic. I just got a photo of one up in a very tall tree the other day. It really boggles my mind that they nest way up there. Loved that photo of the Ruddy Shelduck and the Green-back is great!

Lily, your Redhead is my favorite yet. Cute Finches too!

This Common or Great Egret grabbed something it had on the ground and flew off when our kayak got too close.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Turned out it had caught a large crawfish.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

The Egret flew to a tree and finished the crawfish by the time we paddled up closer. Then it just stood on one foot and watched up go on by.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This Black-crowned Night Heron just stood on the limb and watched up paddle on by it.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Marlton, NJ

Red, I love the Ruddy Shelduck and Green Heron!

Duc, Beautiful pics! Great catch on the Egret and the cooperative Night Heron is lovely!

Norman, OK

I don't have a good photo of a Green Heron. One stays on one of our ponds, but no way will he let you get close enough for a good shot. I've seen lots of Yellow-crowns and Black-crowns this summer on the lakes and they are fairly tolerant of an approach, but not the Greens.

I've tried zooming in on that Cormorant. It would be rare to see a Neo-tropical here. They have a white V on their heads. This looks like it might have one, but not clear enough for me to call it for a bird I'd like to have on my list. Oh well.

An American Avocet.

Marlton, NJ

Nice! An Avocet is one I'd really like to see.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

That duck is a beauty Red!!

Okay ...throwing in a Ruby Throated Hummingbird here....silly boy!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wow, this thread begins to fill with lots of wonderful waterfowls. Red, I like that colorful duck. Thank Knip and everyone's compliment on the RH. Now I've a favor to ask. Since I have these pair of RH camping out for the season. And they'll return to my feeder daily, as they have the past 3 days. Please help me name the couple. I can see clearly the difference in sizes of the two birds. One is proportionately larger than the other. And the bigger one has a gray marking on its head, whereas the small bird doesn't. Please help me name them.

Here is where they nest on my sideyard.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Nanny, the 'lil boy is too cute!

South Hamilton, MA

Red & Not so red (nsr)?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Okay, how about Big Red, & NSBR?

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Loving all the birds here today. Great job birding everyone.

Lily, how about Ruby and Jewel.;)

Pelle found something for you, today!!! :))

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

There were more, but couldn't get them all in the picture. These will be raiding my yard soon. For those, who don't know what they are,... they're Starlings.

This evening, I had about 8 Yellow Warblers, around the pond. Great debuggers!!!

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Some Mallard ducks on the river, leisurely enjoying the nice sunny day.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Black-capped Chickadee, finding the seeds under the feeder bottom, more appealing.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Western Tanager

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

The little Downy has her own private cache. I saw her on the mullein 3-4 times today, and I've never seen another bird there at all.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Female Western Tangager coming in for a blackberry.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

This was from last Saturday. These three ducks (two mallards and a domestic) had a big lake to drink from, yet decided to hang by this puddle.

Look at the white one stretch! awww, my little ducky did that.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

And then the domestic thought about coming to me to beg for food. I told him I had none, so he did a little preening.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

A young Black capped chickadee at the peanuts.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.