Echinacea Branching Improvements (After 1 Week!)

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I sprayed these plants with Configure at 300 parts per million one week ago. After this short amount of time, the plants are already showing signs of improvement.

Here is "Pink Poodle"...It has added 4 new basal branches in one week! It only had one when I sprayed it with no signs of any coming!

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac

Here is Echinacea "Green Eyes." This is a plant that was trying to bloom at 4 inches tall. I snipped the bud off the plant and sprayed with Configure at 300 parts per million. The plant only had one basal branch when I sprayed it! Not only is it putting up about 4 new branches at the base of the plant, but the main branch is also adding new branches to it as well. All of this was achieved with just one spray of Configure after one week! This plant might have a good chance now to get established before winter.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2009 12:24 AM

I recently received this pitiful, clearance sale Echinacea "Purity." The plant I received had 2 blooms on it and only had two basal branches with very few leaves. I sprayed it with 300 parts per million of Configure one week ago and now it is putting up new growth at the base of the plant. After one week, it is putting up 6 new basal branches!

This message was edited Aug 10, 2009 2:12 AM

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Looks like its working alright. Hope they continue to grow well for you.

ngam,

My mom asked me to spray her Christmas cactus. LOL. I told her professionals use Configure on them to make them have more blooms. She said for me to go out there and spray her plant!

This stuff really does work. Some of these plants were not growing well at all and now they are. I can't believe it. I've got enough of this stuff to treat a field of plants. I'll never use all of it.

New Milford, CT

Where are you locating the configure spray?

This stuff is a little pricey, but a small amount goes a very long way. If you go to Fine America's website, you can click on Distributors and locate your Distributor. Depending on where you are located, you'll have to contact a different person.

Here is the link...

http://www.fineamericas.com/Content/Distributors.asp

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Interesting Clint. You're always looking for ways to improve your plants. That's a good thing. LOL Just don't spray too many of your moms plants or she might have a jungle on her hands very soon.

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

So, I guess I am missing something b/c I went to the website but Configure isn't listed in their products list? It's late here, but it's not that late, LOL! Help!

Thanks, Jon. LOL. I have tried this stuff before for propagation purposes. I have found that 300 parts per million is the perfect amount for Echinaceas. I'm sure some of these places that sell these are using a concentration that is too strong, however.

funnthsun - If you click on Americas instead of International I think that fixes the problem. It even has an Echinacea bloom to identify it. LOL. Here is a link to the product on their website...

http://www.fineamericas.com/Content/ProdH.asp?id=104

This message was edited Aug 10, 2009 7:58 PM

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you, Em, I guess it was later than I thought :)

Here's Echinacea "Green Eyes" after 2 weeks! It really has improved tremendously. This is one that wasn't growing at all, but I think Configure actually gave it the boost it needed to take off and grow!

This message was edited Aug 16, 2009 10:32 PM

Here's Echinacea "Pink Poodle" after 2 weeks. Configure is a must as far as this plant is concerned.

I also sprayed my Echinacea "Tiki Torch" two weeks ago just to see how it would respond. All the new growth is from one application...

This Echinacea "Mac 'N Cheese" is the only plant I bought of this particular cultivar this year. It has been a big disappointment in my garden. It's right beside an Echinacea "Tomato Soup." While "Tomato Soup" was impressive while the blooms lasted, "Mac 'N Cheese" has not produced a single flower! I sprayed it with Configure 2 weeks ago because nothing else had made it grow. As you can see, the plant is starting to bulk up some! It's still a pitiful sight, but it's showing some potential now. LOL.

Here's an update on Echinacea "Purity." I sprayed it two weeks ago. Notice that the bare stalks also are putting out branches! This plant had very few leaves when I received it. The basal branching is definitely increasing on this plant in response to Configure. This one is looking much better in such a short amount of time.

I will try and post Echinacea "Coral Reef" and "Hot Lava" pics tomorrow night. Both are putting up new basal branches in response to Configure.

Cynthia (N. Kansas C, MO(Zone 5b)

You are bad for my pocketbook - found Configure in Minnesota (my home planet) so will get some for next year's garden. I never noticed your name in the post-box, Clint. You are so full of wisdom that when I see your posts, I end up reading the whole thread and then mark it for followup! Thanks, Cynthia

Thumbnail by hanseycollie

Cynthia - One jug of this will last a very long time. The dilution required is so small that it's really economical. You might could sell some of it to friends after they see how your plants are growing. LOL.

Here's a picture of Echinacea "Hot Lava" responding to Configure. Note: This is a plug I bought in the co-op recently!

Here's a picture of Echinacea "Coral Reef". Notice the shoot coming up around the base of the plant. FINALLY!

Here's an update on Echinacea "Green Eyes." This one shows more improvement than most of them. It was looking very pitiful before hand and wouldn't grow. I was worried about this one dying and now it looks very healthy!

Wow, amazing! Does it work on other plants besides coneflowers? One of the plants I brought home from Iowa I thought was dead ... there are now four (4!!!) new leaves coming up from the roots so it'll go in the ground soon for next spring. These coneflowers were my mother in law's, and we lost her a year ago so I really, really want them to live for "Jannie's corner garden." :^) Just how bigggggg are your gardens? Do you do this for a living, or is it just a wonderful hobby and, how is Sunny? Is he your only pet?

It does work on other plants. They use it commercially on Echinacea, Hens 'n Chicks, and Christmas Cactus that I know of. I'm testing it on several plants right now just for fun.

A rabbit bit my new Coreopsis off at the ground. I rooted a cutting of what was left and sprayed it with Configure. It seems to be working. I'm also testing it on a Sedum I got as a plug.

We have a lot of room out in the country in the middle of nowhere. LOL.

Sunny is doing great. He is my only pet at the moment. I don't think I could handle anything else. He's like a spoiled 3-year-old child!

Here's Echinacea "All That Jazz". It seems to be doing very well too.

Beautiful! I can't wait to try it on a few plants I have that need a bit of help ... thanks for the tip!

Are you growing these plants from seeds or from plugs, or both? I like the photo of "All That Jazz" - never seen the flower before. Will have to look it up. Can't wait...six more days and hopefully some improvement in my hostas and echinaceas!

These were all plugs. I used it on a Penstemon and it worked within 3 days. LOL.

I just bought some White Swan Euchies at Lowe's last night - on clearance for $3 each plant and they are actually very nice plants. I'm going to get them in the ground this week and will take a before/after photo and then spray them with the Secret Special Sauce! Woohoooooo! You need to be a spokesman for Configure so you can get all the free product you want and send it to us newbies, ha! Later! Cyn

I'm not using it any past the end of August. We are running out of time. They need time to grow after spraying.

Sounds good to me - I'll spray my new ones next week and call it good for this summer. I'm in Zone 5 (which is weird cause just our lil section of MO is 5, the rest of MO is 6) so we'll be cooling down in about a month to really awesome fall temperatures. I ordered quite a few seeds for this next winter, and am filling my daughter's empty bedroom with milk and pop containers. Have a section of the yard, out of sight to not drive me nuts, picked out to put them in so I won't hover over them every day. This gardening really creates patience, a virtue that's not one of my greatest. Later!

Thanks, again, for your wisdom. You can save me a lot of mistakes and I really appreciate it! Cyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.