Container Renovations 7! (smile)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Kat,
Thanks so much for sharing your vacation pictures! They are fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed them!

Jeanne

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone have any idea of what this plant is? I bought it at Lowe's and the man working there (my dh) had no idea of what it is. Of course I knew that since he considers me his source of information. Tina

Thumbnail by Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is the second picture

Thumbnail by Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

And of course the third and final picture.

Thumbnail by Tina_A
Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Tina, I'm no expert, but it looks like some type of aralia to me!
Marianne

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Marianne,
Thank you so much. You are right it is a ming aralia. Now I can take care of it properly. Tina

Milwaukee, WI

watched KatG's slideshow and all I can say is "WOW" my hats off to you.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

nice

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

very nice

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

guess the container season is drawing to an end

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Hopefully not, I'm going to overwinter most of mine in the house. I just have to make room for all of them that I want to keep.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

There hadnt been a posting in a day.
I live w/ my children so my space is limited

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

My son and I fight over the computer too. One of the reasons why I get on really early on my nights off. He is homeschooled so he needs it more than I do.

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks all! Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Love the Ming Aralia Tina! We were just down in Key West and there were a bunch of them on the property we stayed at. I'm going to a garden center in Sarasota tomorrow and hope they have some.

Oh ge1836...isn't it funny how things work. Your container season is ending and mine is just really beginning. I have a bunch of hardy foliage plants but It's just been too darn hot to plant any flowers and the nurseries have been so limited.

Here's my latest addition to my Lanai! I bought this fountain from my head supplier last year and had it stored in my office garage. It was in a huge box and I just thought it would weigh a ton. I needed the space as I have a large order coming in and surprise, surprise...it's really quite light!

I put it close to the sitting area so that we could look at him...

Thumbnail by KatG

How darling is he??? Except for "heads", I'm not into a lot of Yard Art, but I just love him!

Thumbnail by KatG

Dale: That's a great job...but are my eye's deceiving me or is there NO Coleus in that group? hehe

Thumbnail by KatG

teacup: I have to say that I don't really spend a lot of time fussing over my containers. I pull out expired annuals every so often, tuck in a few "whatever is good for the season plants" and fertilize about every month and a half with miracle gro (liquid you connect to the hose). The advantage I have is that a lot of my containers are under the pool screen and this filters out a lot of harsh sun. Containers I have outside the screen don't do as well.

Kat

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautifully arranged lanaie. Looks like a magazine shot.
The fountain is sweet, probably a cast fiberous material so it doesnt weigh so much.
They are doing wonders with that material

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Kat,

Some of my clients don't like Coleus....go figure.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I try and give them what they ask for when I am on the job.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

If those dark leaves with a green edge are geraniums,I am going to have to look into the geranium for next year.
Its not my favorite flower

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I love Pelargoniums, even the common ones. They are easy and I am getting lazier as time flies past me.

Those are beautiful Dale - How does that Lobelia survive for you? Mine hangs in for about 3 months and as soon as it gets really hot...it's gone!
'

Funny you should mention Geraniums! I posted this on our Florida thread and nobody seems to want to get involved!

I really have a small favor to ask for anybody willing to drive to Port Charlotte ... Don and I are going away on vacation, and I need somebody to come over to water my plants while we are gone. I've really gotten into begonias and geraniums lately and in this hot weather, they'll probably only need water twice a day. We'll be gone about 21 days. .

Thanks so much and I promise to send you a post card!

Best, Kat

PS: I have a ladder!

Thumbnail by KatG
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

The Lobelia in the photo above is in SF CA.

I live 100 miles north of you, about 2hrs away. I wonder how much gas that would use? I would offer to stop by, but......

I love Ivy topiaries>

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

You are too funny Kat! I have seen that pic somewhere before online - is it from Spain? ONLY twice a day - LOL!! At first I was ready to fly down and take care of anything you needed for 3 weeks at your beautiful house....I am from the Tampa area originally.

-Kim

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

lovely

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I've gotta take Vertie to the hair stylist. The harsh summer really messed up his hair or else, he has lice....

Thumbnail by vossner
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

He does look like he has fallen on hard times

Voss...I think Vertie needs some deep conditioner...But then again, don't you think he might really get along with Grizelda??? This could be a match made in Heaven! hehehe

Thumbnail by KatG

Thanks Dale and BlueKat...that's so thoughtful of you but I managed to talk the neighbors into watering! hahaha

Dale...found a great Coleus yesterday. "Kong?" Will post a photo!

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Is Persian Shield considered a tropical plant? I have a plant swap on the tropical forum and trying to decide what to send. Tina

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes it is.
Some northerners take it in for the winter but I was disapointed in how it looked for me.

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

KatG,
Hey what are you up to? I'm cleaning rooms to put my outdoor plants into so that I can overwinter them especially my brugs.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

coleus winter cuttings in a unused jacusie

Thumbnail by ge1836
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

ge-

what a good idea! Do you just cut some off and put it in dirt?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I buy seed starting trays at Home Depot and seed starting mix.
Fill the trays
Take cuttings of your favorite coleus and plant in seperate pots
These become the parent plants that you will take cuttings from all winter.The winter cuttings go into the seed tray cells
Dont over water,they will rot

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

thanks ge. I am going to give it a try.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

your welcome

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.