Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

I thought this might be fun...
Everybody...let's see those deer pics! :D

Thumbnail by music2keep
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

our pair of twin fawns this year....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This pair has been much shier then the ones in the past. Momma is keeping them pretty well hidden from view.

Truck passed by and off they went..darn it!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

over in the neighbors yard...

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Great shots! And right in the yard, too! I have to go elsewhere close by, because our dog makes too much racket. Neat - O!
This is the same buck.

Thumbnail by music2keep

I took this one thru the front window back in July!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

While walking the dog.....yup we got deer!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

Deer, I have 4 living with me right now. Bottle babies! This is one of my all time favorite photos though. His name was Crossroads and he was one of the bacth I raised last year.

Thumbnail by jylgaskin

One of this years fawns checking out the fountain. His name is Rhubarb

Thumbnail by jylgaskin
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Nanny, Yep! You do have the deer! ;)
jylgaskin, Wow! That looks like a really good Christmas card!

We went in a 4 square mile area & counted 132. I'm glad that many aren't in my yard, but the amount that you have is a good number! ;)

Thumbnail by music2keep

That last shot is really cool music!!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanks Nanny, I was looking thru a fence at her. This was the 1st shot that I got...there's something about this one that I really like...don't know what.

Thumbnail by music2keep
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Love your deer pictures.
A few winters ago, At my brother's camp.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A few of his neighbors bring in hay to feed them in the winter.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

I live in a residential suburb so it's quite unusual to see any deer in my backyard. But, last month, I looked out the window and got a big surprise (and a photo).

Thumbnail by linthicum

Then, last week, I saw him just behind my shed .......... antlers are still in velvet.

Thumbnail by linthicum
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Burn, Nice shots! Do you go hunting at your DB's camp? What a nice thing to do...I mean feed them. Our winters aren't that bad here...so no feeding is necessary.

Linthicum, What a nice surprise! That deer should be impressive when the rut starts. Hope he comes by during that time so you can get another picture & we can see the change. :)

one of the fawns last night. they were both there but the smaller one was in the shadows so I wasn't able to get any shots of it.

This message was edited Aug 20, 2009 8:15 AM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

LOl! Nanny! They're watching you, too! :D

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Oh nice linth, love the velvety antlers.
Very curious little dude there, Nanny. looks just charming. :)
Music, Yup I do go hunting at my brother camp, once in a while, but only shot with the camera. ;)
Another winter one.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Love that shot, Burn! :D

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I spent a month in Virginia in July at my mother's house there. These were taken behind her house.

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

One morning I was making breakfast. I looked out the window and spotted this one... um... these two...

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Same two.... Mom said it's possible that the fawn was just born. The Mom stayed there for a few minutes squatted like this.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

These were at the store across the street.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

And last but not least.... That first deer was walking behind Mom's house. I snuck out the side door and started videoing it with my camera.

http://uniquetreasures.phanfare.com/4252621_4636645#imageID=75236634

Janet

Very cool! I just love seeing fawns!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Oh Janet! Love those pics! And thanks for the video! :D

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Wow, so neat.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

It was a treat for me to see. I'm so glad you all enjoyed the photos and the video.

This year I'll be hunting with hubby. I'll hunt with my camera. We just built a blind that is 5 X 5. I'm really looking forward to seeing some SE Texas deer.

Mom and I saw a bear the only day I didn't have my camera with me. I tried to use my new Blackberry, but every time I got ready to take the photo, he was wandering away too far to see him. My whole family up there had hoped I'd see one. When My Mom texted hubby to let him know (I was the driver) the first thing he asked was... did you get a picture?!! HAHAHA

Janet

The fawn in the photo is definately not newborn. It's several weeks old. They are squatting to urinate. The fawn is a doe too.

Took this photo, late morning, today. Unfortunately, the sun was overly bright .

Thumbnail by linthicum
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Jyl for letting me know about the fawn.

She's got her hands full Linth. :-)

That is a sweet shot Linth!

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Linth! How blessed you are! to see all the wonderful songbirds that you do and now this! Wow ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.