Hostas Sara and Kyle

(Zone 4b)

There are two Sara's listed in the Hosta Finder.

Sara can be found at
American(Wade).....$60
Kuk's......$60
Powell's...$90

Sarah Jane can be found at
Jim's......$17
Stark....$15

I couldn't find a Kyle. Maybe you could ask BigDave if he would consider naming one of his 300 seedlings H. Kyle.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

What a great idea pupper!!!!!O.k. bigdave how about it. We are looking for a kyle! If you have any unnamed seedlings maybe babies from austin dickinson we need a Kyle. (You see my twins are austin and kyle) Can he do that? How would he do that? Do I need to start a petition with the national hosta association or something?????? HELP!!! sue

Tremont, IL(Zone 5b)

I should have thought about that. I have lots of seedlings, some from Elegans, Ventricosa, Northern Exposure & I have lots of seed pods that are on hosta this year. Some on Maraschino Cherry, Savannah Supreme is in bloom & it looks like it might be getting a few streaked seed pods, those will be interesting & there are others too. Will have to keep an eye on them.

But, bigdave, what seedlings do you have that might be interesting?

Jan

Carver, MA(Zone 5a)

I worked for Mildred Seaver last year.She needed someone to help clean up her yard and so I was at the right place at the right timeand got the job.She gave me seeds to some of her favorite hostas .Sea Nautilus,Sea Aquarius and Abiq. Elephant Ears. I don't think Sea Nautilus has ever been offered in any plant catalog. That is the plant that i'm

giving away on the secret trade. Don't tell anyone

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

DON'T MAIL IT BIG DAVE. WE WILL COME AND GET IT IN PERSON, CAN I BRING PUPPER, IF NOT SHE WILL NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN.
MILDRED SEAVER, WOW AGAIN, YOU LUCKY GARDENER!
i KNOW IT'S FALL CLEAN UP TIME, WOULD YOU LIKE SOME HELP CLEANING YOUR YARD? I DON'T THINK THE KIDS AND DH WILL NOTICE IF I AM GONE FOR A FEW HOURS. SUE

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Now BigDave you shouldn't tell...giggle, that makes it a bit difficult for the organizer to control her self and not give you her name, LOL :)

Are you referring to the secret trade on the plant exchange? If so I will have to make sure you get a hosta lover that will appreciate such a gift, giggle. Or does everyone one to want play secret trade on the hosta forum again?

Carver, MA(Zone 5a)

Jan
Do you have a large collection of hostas? What seedlings did you start last year?

Tremont, IL(Zone 5b)

When we bought this 2 acres of mostly Oak & Hickery Nut trees, there 12 named hosta & a couple I haven't gotten IDd yet. There are a lot of each of them. I was downtown last year & the realtor who had listed this place asked me if I had divided the hosta out here. Hosta??? Well, I realized they were hosta, but divide them??? Anyway - she told me to get on the internet & do a search on Hosta & I would find out lots of things about hosta. I found the GW Hosta Forum & got hooked real bad, as well as finding lots of info about hosta. Probably more than I can remember without writing it down. lol

Anyway, between trades, gifts & purchases I now have over 215 named varities. Most of them are single eyed plants, but hostas just the same. lol

Seeds I planted last winter were Northern Exposure, Formal Attire, Elegans, Ventricosa & a couple I can't remember right now. Senior Moment. he he

I've always liked plants & have a house full. A lot of them are out on the porch right now & I'm going to have to start bringing them in before we get a frost/freeze & loose them. I got a lipstick plant last year & it has been blooming like crazy this year. I was told it only bloomed in the spring, but I had it hanging from the eaves of the garage last year & it was blooming most of the summer. Then I brought it in & hung it in the bathroom & a few months later it started blooming again & must have bloomed for about 3 months. It is really a neat plant.

I'm getting long winded here, so better sign off.
Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.