Dolphins Meet Dog

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi - not sure where to put this, but we had a wonderful experience of species communicating while visiting SeaWorld on vacation.

This dog is being trained as a Service Dog, and visited SeaWorld for the first time. The Dolphin trainer asked the trainer to bring the dog to the underwater dolphin viewing area. We were simply there by chance and feel honored that we got to see their meeting. The first pic was when the first dolphin saw the dog.

He was enthralled!

Thumbnail by dax080
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

The dolphin called to his friends, and here we see four of them mesmerized by their new friend! We watched the two species nodding heads, and interacting directly with each other for about 3 minutes -- it was awesome! Had to share with all you animal lovers -- it was clear that both species were aware and intelligent -- Dax

Thumbnail by dax080
Edinburg, TX

Thanks for sharing Dax!!! Makes you wonder what each were thinking :o)

~ Cat

PERTH, Australia

That's wonderful, dax. How fortunate to have been there to see the interaction

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

Cool!

In Florida I have seen a dolphin play with a dog, splashing it as it ran along a pier just over the water.

It's a joy to see your pictures showing dolphins "discovering" and interacting with a dog for the first time. What an opportunity!

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

That is so neat!

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Great photos! Those are moments when you wish an animal communicator was nearby to translate the conversation.

When we were sailing, my golden retriever would stand out on the bow and watch the dolphins riding the bow waves. He would whine and warble in excitment and we could see the doplphins turn and you could see their eye look up at him as they played.

We had a similar experience with sea otters in Morro Bay as we rowed out to the sand spit. My dog was sitting in the front of the boat and a family of sea otters came within a foot of us to take a looks at him. The babies were crawling up on the old grizzled otters for a better look. The otter pack swam along side for part of the journey.

Marlton, NJ

That is adorable dax!!! Thanks for posting it!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

What an experience, that must of been. Thanks for sharing that.

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

cool!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Neat!!! You do have to wonder if they are communicating in a way unknown to us humans.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm sure they are communicating in a way that we humans are not participating.
They may be exchanging tips on how to best manage us.
:)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Wow! Thanks for sharing dax

Melbourne, FL

So cool. Not something you see every day.....

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

What great pictures,how lucky were you to be in the right place at the right time :>)
Thanks for sharing....
Christine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.