Update on my pottery, mosaic, koi pond, surgery, etc...

Ashland City, TN

Hey all,
Glad to be back...I think I will be able to "visit" more often now. I have sold about 200 of my molds and given away about 200 so I am down to about 1500. I have two people who want to buy about 100 a month. It is a slow way to get rid of them but at least they are going!! I hope to sell my kiln this weekend! That one hurts but I hope to get a smaller one soon.

I have had my 3rd shot in my neck because my left arm is asleep almost all the time now. I am afraid of nerve damage. I was supposed to get a rotator cuff surgery on the 13th but I have cancelled because I want the neck doctor to do surgery BEFORE I get nerve damage in my left arm. So, I have given up pouring molds, lifting molds, wedging clay, digging koi ponds, building green houses, etc. I have one or two more wheel classes but rather than not go I am going to go and make beads, maybe take up macramae again. It is sssooo retro that maybe it'll come back into style. I used to make really big beautiful fancy hangers. I have kept all my garden molds - -- I know -- I know--but my hubby said he will pour them for me. Some macramae hangers will really set the mood:) 70's retro!

Anyway, here are some photos of my koi pond. first one is just the beginning, the 2nd one is after I put the lining in, the 3rd one is the second row of cinder blocks and the land around it leveled and ready for the landscaping - once I decide what I want to do with it. My granddaughter's boyfriend layed the second level of cinderblocks and leveled the land...I just couldn't do any more after digging the pond and laying the first layer of blocks. It would have taken me another 6 months!

glad to be back and I have enjoyed reading all the past posts and catching up.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2009 11:30 PM

Thumbnail by scarediecat
This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!