Looking for Huvi

Lothair, MT(Zone 4a)

Anyone know of a place that has it in stock?

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

Clematis Huvi can be found at Brush Wood Nursery but not sure if it is in stock. Have you tried DG's plant finder?

Lothair, MT(Zone 4a)

Last I checked at Brushwood, it was not in stock. I will definitely try Plant finder
Thanks

Baton Rouge, LA

I've had a very good experience with the plants I've received from Brushwood, Donahue's, Garden Crossings, Joy Creek and Silver Star. I would recommend any of them. I would think Donahue's still has Huvi. You might also check Garden Crossings, as their plants are larger than Donahue's and they are currently having a sale.

Delaware, OH

i got my huvi from ssv last year. not sure if they are still shipping or have it in stock.

guess you won't be ordering from koi with all the postings about folks not getting plants, call backs, refunds etc?

Lothair, MT(Zone 4a)

I have done an extensive search of the internet and only found it listed at Brushwood. Joy Creek and SSV do not list it and I asked Debbie--nope. Same for Garden Crossings. When I got Donahue's brochure last year, it was not listed as one that they carried.
As for Koi Gardens, it is so sad for me to see them so completely crash and burn. I had actually done business with him for 3 seasons and he had filled my orders very well (which was why I went back the next 2 yrs). In the past, I have received gorgeous liner clems from him. So sorry that he got in over his head. No, I would have to see that he had righted things, refunded everyone or made good on all orders, and done business for a year or 2 successfully before I would try him again.
All that said, I did get several clems from another source. They were $8 each, and were half the liner that Koi sent. Then again, Debbie's were huge and leave all in the shade. However, I can't always afford to buy there, no matter how nice her clems are. But you can bet I will be trying to wrangle my way clear to do the bulk of my clem buying from her! LOL

Delaware, OH

jennie did you speak to debbie fisher about huvi or just not see it on the site? i did get mine from there, but she may not have it any more.

i put it in last summer.

liner clems in inexperienced hands have done more to set clems back as far as the perception of difficulty and success rate than anything else. most people that buy them mail order or at big box stores do not realize they need to be grown in a gallon pot for awhile and just throw them in the garden and they disappear.

i bought liners this year from a few places and it is vexing the slow growth rate and amount of work to do the pinching back and feeding required vs the cost of a clem from brushwood and ssv. brushwood has come a long way and is shipping really nice plants. they have a great selection and a e mail notification wait list too.

i am not against liner sales if they were sold with instructions not to plant out in garden an dhow to grow them in a gallon pot.

Lothair, MT(Zone 4a)

I agree about liners. The sad thing is that even many of the retail sellers locally offer only liners. The biggest clems I saw this year were all at Wal-Mart and Home Depot...all mis-labelled. Great!

I did talk to Deb and she does not currently have Huvi....

Marianna, FL(Zone 8b)

Huvi is on my wish list as well, especially after seeing Guru's photo this year. I clicked the "notify me" button at Brushwood. The plants I ordered from them this year were very nice. I've also ordered a few from Donahue's and the plants just aren't as large, but they are okay except for Mrs. Chummie who died back. I've since ordered another Mrs. Chummie from Debbie and planted right next to it and it is doing great.

I've also ordered from Joy Creek lately and I'm just as satisfied with their plants. They have fantastic root systems and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, just as Debbie is.
Just like Huvi, Margaret Hunt is nowhere to be found right now, so please let me know if you have seen it anywhere on the web.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.