Bear Troubles

Klamath River, CA

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

4 That's it. Wish I had taken these pics, but I didn't.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Wow, where there's a will, there's a way!

Klamath River, CA

Just goes to show you...............you can't keep a good bear down.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Great photos! Thanks so much for sharing. We don't have bears here. I've never seen one in my entire life, so I appreciate you sharing yours.

This is an excellent illustration BTW of something I heard on a National Geographic's program. There was this bear expert on the program. He said people are always asking him where the should put their bird feeder, and he tells them, "Where ever you want the bear."

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Hi all, I've been lurking. I'm in the Ozark National Forest on top of a mountain. So i can relate to most of you.

Great pictures adelbert, Now did you by any chance send your bear to my house in the Ark Ozarks. I saw one just like him up a tree here this morning. Our dog chased him there. I don't have a way to post pictures but yours sure looks like him. We've suspected there was one around, our dogs going crazy, trash barrels overturnd,Think i heard him once. something stripped all our tomatoes.
Think we're going to call the Forest rangers tomorrow and see if they'll remove him. I also have 5 juvinale delinquent squirrels i'd like to get rid of.
Vickie

Klamath River, CA

We have lots of bears in this area. So far this year they haven't caused us any problems. Last year we had one that would come up on the front porch and another that liked to visit the back porch. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/883997/ this will take you to another post I made about the two bears we had before.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Oh my goodness!! I'm still ROFL about gingle bells in scat.
We had another bear last year but someone shot him in bear season. Now that bear was not afraid of people. So far this one is. and runs if i hollar. The Forest Service told us he's not a big enough pest for them to move yet. O-O-O k-A-A-A
I like the idea of a jingle bell stick. So if you hear of a bear in the ozarks having bells in his scat. IT WAS ME.
Our local fox goes to the neighbors. They have chickens. Foxes are such beautiful creatures. I like to watch them.
Vickie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.