Happy Birthday to me

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Just letting you guys know I had a wonderful day yesterday for my birthday.
Lou and I went to nurseries (LOL) for my special day. I felt like a Queen I told him.

We went to WaveCrest and Huntree out by the lake. It was worth the trip and the time.
The day was beautiful, not hot and just a gorgeous Michigan summer day.

WaveCrest has the big ones. Huntree has the want list varieties.

WaveCrest: Acer something.,round leaves. hysterical looking. (tree). wanted a
Korean Mt. Ash, but only one was over 20' high, and we cannot deal with a
plant that big. Got a Sum and Substance Hosta and a tiny leaved Euonymous fortunei 6" by 5 feet.

Huntree got a 10' high Plantanus 'Bloodgood' for $50!!! That is going into the ground tonight after
I water the spot to dig all day to soften up the ground. chose a southern location by our house for
eventual shade and magnificence. This puppy will be about 100 feet high by 80 feet wide. It can
shade the entire garden with one tree! LOL. Also got a Hachenechloa aurea, larger 8" pot and
has a flowering shoot on it already.

We walked around Saugutuck, ate at the Mermaid inside, the wait for a water side table was over 40 minutes,
and I was too hungry and tired by then. they have serving difficulties at that restaurant.

Got a nice pair of earring Hugs from Bath and Bauble, hand made in sterling silver, not pierced, but go
around the outside of your ear. My holes always close up, so pierced are a losing battle for me.

Got a fun sparkly ribbon clown looking collar for my Pug Miss Dottie with shamrocks and sparkles on it.
Also got a cute pug statue smoking a cigar with a hat made of money and a sack of money clothing he is
wearing. Too funny. Just a little thing. Of course, Lou got fudge and cashew brittle from Kilmers,and I love
candy popcorn, so we got some to take home.

We watched old people (like us) go on a Saugatuck tour on Segways!!! Everywhere there are scooters
for rent now, bicycles and sail boats, tours on paddle boat, chain ferries across the harbour channel,
amphibious car taxi rides. Galleries and lots of neat shops, pretty clothing both t shirts and hand made
designer and unusual stuff too. One shop had gorgeous childrens clothing, but we didn't go in, we were
already on the march back to the car, and thinking about the poor dogs left home all day.

What a nice day.
sheri

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Sheri,

Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry we missed it. It sounds like you had a great day though. That was a terrific price on the Bloodgood. I love those trees. I got one a third that size last year and paid $99 for it. It made it through the winter with little damage so I'm hoping it likes the spot I put it in. I'm thinking of putting a burlap fence around it before winter winds come.

We vacationed in Saugatuck many years ago when my son was about 14 or 15. Nice little town. We stayed at a campground near there if I remember right. Love all the little shops.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Sherri sorry about missing your b day sounds like the one in my dreams nice loot too ;0)
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Sheri,
Sounds like you and hubby had such a good time :), Wonderful warm day, good food, cool shops, great sounding tree too :

" HOPE YOU HAD THE MOST WONDERFUL OF BIRTHDAYS "
Patricia

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Happy Belated Birthday...^_^

Delane

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

Sheri, Happy Belated Birthday. I used to go to Saugatuck a lot in the summer when I was growing up. Only lived 10 miles from there and enjoyed it a lot. It the Butler Hotel still there and do they still sell those wonderful hamburgers? My FIL used to go there aot.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

happy belated birthday!

Port Huron, MI(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

What a delightful day you had!
I love spending time at beach resorts.
Happy Birthday!

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose
Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Wow...you ga away for a while and people still keep having birthdays! Happy Birthday Ma'am :)

Grand Rapids, MI

Hey Lady, Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like my kind of day.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear sheri, happy birthday to you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and many more!! wish I could send you some of those cookies I made that you loved.
Birdie

Thumbnail by 1Birdie
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Happy belated!!!! You sure had a wonderful birthday!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.