Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Another mg

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Lantana & Rosemary

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Zinnias with patio/ pond area in background.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Butterfly ginger

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Another brug

(Zone 6a)

Lovely photos Yardqueen! Feel free to post your Brug photos over on Miss Bruggies thread! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1021349/

Blossom, I do have Daffs and I love them! I have a bunch of the minis and then there's some of the bigger ones in the front..................let me see if I can find a pic!

I don't believe it! I didn't take any :(

dalfyre, yours are beautiful!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Close up...

Do you ever have a problem getting pics to post?

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Alstroemeria

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

another crop of zinnias

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awww you guys and yer brugs are making me jealous.. I hope I can find some BIG containers....oh yeah almost forgot, SW - will post that pic of my can on the other Ms Bruggie thread!

The butterfly shots are stunning! And of coourse all of the new and old shots are! So much eye candy to gobble here! And not a calorie in a car load, which is my kind of eats!!

Does anyone know if these critters here are good cats or bad?

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

B. 'Solid Gold'... My smallest one blooming right now

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Texas Bluebells

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Blooming in the "back forty"

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Part of the "line up" by the driveway...

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

A lovely 'Frosty Pink' pale from the heat I guess...

Christchurch, New Zealand

ohh such pretty brugs - the Aussie forum love them too...
my daffs are really coming along.
I came home from physio today & noticed my winter hazel is in bloom...

Thumbnail by dalfyre

close up of the flowers...
I only noticed this plant two years ago - have been here 10 in November!
I tried to limb it up to make a tree of it - bad idea!
It looks better now since I trimmed & let it grow bushy...
this is the most blooms it has ever had.
I will restrict pruning to keeping it nicely shaped & hopefully will have an attractive shrub.

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Now that is quite the lineup of brugs! wow what a display.
dalfyre so glad you are coming into bloom, you will be responsible to get most of us through the winter ahead, so keep the camera handy.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Has SW seen your brugs yardqueen? And have you seen his thread about Miss Bruggie?

Dalfyre...(sigh) I love daffs! Next season I hope to catchup on catagorizing mine for my log.

Gads I am dry for blooms, most things are heading out and I am in cleanup mode!

yesterday i weeded around my poppies, they were looking promising for flowers soon...
we had a real downpour over night & howling wind & when I opened the blinds I spotted a flash of orange.
In the space of a couple of hours the flower has fully opened, I should have run out to take pics sooner but didn't realise it would change so quickly.
I got the seed for these poppies from some growing in a pot at work.
Now I just have to hope my Flanders poppy seeds germinated too!
I have opium poppies that need to be removed
I like them but so do the druggies.
I'd rather weed them out than have idiots stealing them.
Shame because they are doubles, self sown, until I knew what they were we just called them the giant mutant poppies.

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I have yet to have any luck growing any kind of poppies.

I know what you mean about the druggies. SOME people will do anything. They been known to try to plant certain plants on someone else soz they dont get blamed for growing things too. I guess some people will do anything in desperation too to support a bad habit. Medicinal can be one thing, but go through the proper chanels, dont abuse it. The abusers try to grow it in some one elses farm fields and places and like the farmers dont want it there either..

We get that kind around here abusing it. All we can do is report it to the cops and irradicate the "wildweed" if when we find it and so they know that stupid is going around.

Shame those big OPM poppies are misused by some. They make glorious florals

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Blossom,

I did see the Miss Bruggie thread... I don't know about the SW thread. I quit posting on the brug forum because mine are rather plain compared to most that are posted there. I post here because everyone here posts whatever they have. I like that because you don't have to worry if your pics are good enough, of if your flowers are too common...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I dont beleive I have been on the brug forum threads. Well, it does not look like I will be doing them anyway, due to I do not have any huge containers. They sure are lovely and your photos are beauitiful.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Blossom! I get a lot of my huge containers at wal-mart. They are the terra cotta looking plastic. I really like them. Here are a couple

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Those really are nice! I only have one really big nice pot and my 4clocks are in it. They got huge too!

I like doing containers...but most are in like nursery cans. A few years back I got really lucky and a friend of mine was cleaningout her wholesale GH and I acquired a pile of hanging baskets! Hence the tomatoes this year!

One day I am gonna have to go visit her again.

Do you have to stake the brugs? I had to tie my 4clocks to where they were standing to a fence in a corner. Heck, I had to stake my peppers too! They got so thick and luch and top heavy!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Great looking poppy dalfyre, bet you are going to find new posies every day from here out with the weather getting better your way, right?
yardqueen, that is a huge brug. I had no idea how large they get until I saw how Steven's had grown in a year. I love to see them, but not hardy here and I just don't have the space to take anything else in over winter so I'll settle for enjoying yours if you please!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Blossum,

I do sometimes have to stake them. Especially if they grew crooked in the greenhouse. I have to straighten them out. Last year some were too tall and had to bend at the ceiling. and that was when they weren't in a pot!

Candy,

I will just keep posting them so you can enjoy! They should really go to town when it cools off! I'm glad you enjoy them!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

haighr, what do you mean, not in a pot?

Well, I will have to invest in larger pots if I am going to take on a bruggie. This year that is out, besides too late to be going at it.

LOL! Looks like my loofa has teeny tiny buds and it is going to bloom!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

When did I say "not in a pot" BB, not sure what post you mean. I do know I don't have room to take in any more pots for winter.
I've never seen a loofa before, can't wait to see the blooms, will be a thing for me.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

yardqueen -

Qoute ->>>

Blossum,

I do sometimes have to stake them. Especially if they grew crooked in the greenhouse. I have to straighten them out. Last year some were too tall and had to bend at the ceiling. and that was when they weren't in a pot!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I guess I am gonna have to take a better photo of this one.

I am not really ssure what it is. I think it a white Joe Pye, but I am not positive on that... but any way, tried to get the bee!

Its very fragrant, the bees and the butterflies and loads of other pollinators love it. Its very tall... about 4 plus feet.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Blossom,

When I said they were not in a pot, I meant they were cut down even with the ground and put in tubs in the greenhouse to reroot all winter.That is why I have so many now. Each year we have been cutting them down and rooting the large cutting (The whole plant) and they also come back from the root in the ground. So each year they double... whether I want them to or not! LOL But I am not going to do that this year. That is why I have put all of my nice ones in pots and also why I have been giving them away to anyone who comes to my house that will take them! I still have well over 150 and I have given away at least 50. I have over 75 in pots and at least that many still in the ground. The ones in the ground will either be dug up and potted, disposed of, or wrapped in bubble wrap. This will be my first year to try that, but some have been doing it with sucess and some without sucess. I really would like to reduce my brug collection to about 50 which is still alot of brugs. But over 150 is ridiculous unless you are a hybridizer or something!

This shows some of the smaller ones in tubs

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Here are some of the larger ones that have to lean, because they are too tall. The largest were right by the door in the front and I didn't take any pics of them

This message was edited Aug 26, 2009 11:39 PM

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

This pic is from Dec. 2007, and is of one of the tall ones that is leaning out and blooming. The ceiling in the greenhouse is 8ft, and is taller than that at the peak.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.