August Farmer's Journal is it summer yet?

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

We actually had a hot, humid summer day this past week - went 36 hours without rain! Stan got so excited by it that he's putting fuel in the tractor to go mow the last of the second cutting. I may get out and do some gardening after the dew dries a bit.

We took our elder grandchildren to the county fair yesterday. We hadn't been since their mother was a kid, but there were lots of kids showing and selling that we and the gks knew, so we went up for most of the day. DGS, who is 14 and quite the hunk, actually had a girl drag him away from us to show him her animals. He had a rather sheepish grin when his grandfather asked who she was, it was cute. DGD got to see some friends and look at bunnies. She just got a little black bunny.

I can't say that the produce impressed me much, but with the weather we've had, it was amazing that there was any there at all. The whole fair, with the exception of the 4H program seemed a little sad in comparison to what I remember. I think the committee has gotten a little ingrown, if you know what I mean.

Need to get some bread set and make some cookies, just in case anyone shows up to do chores tonight.

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!