Will the person who recommended Polish Spirit please stand

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

It is blooming like crazy and I love it. I planted it in my front cottage garden with New Dawn and it just beautiful. I have since become addicted and bought about 20 clems this year but my first will always be the Polish Spirit.

Pics if it stops raining in NY

Delaware, OH

this is a beloved clem by many. when i first came of the dg forum, i saw it referred to as a "thug" which surprised me, as i am quite vocal about all the uses of this clem. i have used it to fill in fast and provide foliage and blooms and it has never failed me. and one thing you will notice is that the blooms keep getting larger for even 4 or 5 years..it just gets better and better. for those that find it too vigorous, or are afraid they will, plant it behind other clems so the smaller one can grow on the polish spirit and also do not be afraid thru the whole growing season to nip and tuck and just keep it sized to your requirements.
i do not think any one can take credit for anything about this clem except for brother stephan franczak who hybridized it or raymond evison who introduced it to the marketplace in the mid eighties!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.