I Need Help with a Iris Garden Project!

Winnsboro, TX

Ok, I don't really know where to start so I'm just going to blurt out my thoughts/request/and so forth.

I've been wanting to do a yellow and blue Iris bed for the last couple of years.
I need to find somewhere between 20-30 irises of each color (Blues and Yellows). They would need to be close to the same height, and bloom at the same time. I would like to plant them in circles around a big birdbath. This may sound terrible but I'd rather they not be the real old irises. Perferably some from like the last 20 years or so. They don't need to be anything new either. I just want them to be something that will really stand out when I'm finished with it.

My plans once I get this accomplished would be to make rays coming from there of different colors with paths to the center. I know that this will take me a couple of years to accomplish the finished project but I'd at least like to get started this fall.

Soooooo, if anyone has a bunch of pretty Blue Irises, and Yellow Irises I would love to hear from you. Especially if you don't want an arm and a leg for them. You can dmail me directly for us to discuss your plants if you would like.

Thanks in advance, and Happy Gardening, from an Iris and Daylily ADDICT!

P.S. I need another iris bed/project like I need another hole in my head. LOL
Can any of you relate to that?

Even if I could get some blue irises similar to the one I have posted here would be great. A little darker blue would be great too. Please let me know what you have and what it would take to get a bunch from you!

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Winnsboro, TX

I would like some yellow irises to go with the blues somewhere along this shade give or take a little. But like I said to accomplish the effect of what I'm trying to do I need to get a bunch of blue and a bunch of yellow that will bloom at the same time.

If you have a bunch please contact me and let me know what it would take for me to get them from you. $$$ 's Thanks in advance Marian

Thumbnail by lovelyiris

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.