Is this a Wild Clematis?

Bronson, FL(Zone 9a)

Found this pretty plant/vine growing in my yard. Is it a wild clematis? If so is there a name?

Thank You!

Eirlys
Chiefland, Florida 32626

Thumbnail by eirlys1
Delaware, OH

yes it is a native clematis of some sort. pitcherii or viorna of some type. go to a web site called "american bells"via googling that and you may be able to identify it. how fab for you to find this.

how big is it? how is it situated? growing under a shrub and up thru it? do you have a shot of it growing, the whole plant?

thanks for sharing and hope you will let us know other detail and your findings.

Bronson, FL(Zone 9a)

Clematis Guru,

Wow, this is great news. Will try to get pic of the vine where it is growing and give you more feedback.

Thanks!

Eirlys
Chiefland, Florida

Delaware, OH

please please send the pics of the site and how it was growing and how supported and the base of the plant where the roots come out of the gorund if you can find it.
does it have tendrils that hook around a supporting branch or such, or does it sprawl and lie against the branch or support?

thanks eirlys. would love every detail of it and how you found it etc. too cool. what a dream find. fun!

Bronson, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Clematis Guru,

Until I get more pics to send, I would be happy to mail you one of the seed heads (as in the picture). If you are interested, let me know :-)

Eirlys

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.