SDB Iris Available (with conditions……)

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have three boxes of sdb’s available. Some may only be one small piece.

Here are the conditions:
1. You haven’t been able to afford buying any iris this year.
2. You haven’t gotten any of the other free offers here on Daves this season.
3. You’re an iris addict.
4. You live in an area that gets some freezing weather, so they’ll bloom.

I need to mail these tomorrow. If you can afford to reimburse me the postage, great. If not, then don’t worry about it. If you have a preference for which box you want, please let me know.

Box 1 contains: **BOX 1 TAKEN**
Jewel Baby
Summoned Spirit
Music
Double Byte
Indian Pow Wow
Being Busy
Chocolate Cupcake
Tantara
With Castenets
Raspberry Jam
Pilgrim’s Choice

Box 2 contains: TAKEN
Summoned Spirit
Music
Double Byte
Indian Pow Wow
Patacake
Jade Stone
Pilgrim’s Choice
Tantara
Urban Star
Raspberry Jam
Sparks Fly

Box 3 contains: TAKEN
Indian Pow Wow
Music
Patacake
Jade Stone
Sea Monster
Tantara
Jillaroo
Being Busy
Raspberry Jam
Summoned Spirit
Tiny Dancer (one definite piece and one I think got separated; if not TD, I’ll be able to id when it blooms for you)

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 2:20 PM

This message was edited Jul 30, 2009 9:15 AM

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

*Sigh* I rarely get enough cold weather for these to bloom for me...*Sigh*

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

What does 'sdb' stand for?

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Standard Dwarf Bearded. These are irises that grow between 8 and 16 inches. They do really well in Maryland, Catbird and you'll be pleased to get them from Neil. I've been trading with him for years. He's one of the good ones!

Roni

Edited to correct measurement.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 11:17 AM

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, I got some tall bearded iris from Neil last year and they were the heartiest growers this year for me. Very happy, very healthy, and very pretty iris.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Catbird, I'd suggest box #2. (I feel like the old "Let's Make a Deal" game show is on and I'm yelling at the TV, "take box #2"! LOL)

Roni

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks , Roni and Max's Mom......what they are both saying is I am an addict with more iris than sense........but they said it in such a nice Southern way..... down here you can say the most awful things to or about someone and as long as you finish it with "Bless her heart", it's ok.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Neil, bless your heart, you do travel too much! LOL

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 11:48 AM

Taylorsville, KY

Any left? I would like #1 or #3. Had to replace refrigerator and catalytic converter on car this year, so there went the iris budget! I can reimburse postage!

Sue - Zone 6a (it freezes!!)

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 1:56 PM

La Pine, OR

Neil,

I am an iris addict that moved from California (with few or no frosts) to La Pine Oregon, at 4200 feet in the high desert, where last year we had a hard freeze EVERY MONTH OF THE YEAR! This year has been warmer, but I have given up on TB's because I usually lose the bloom to late freezes. SDB do much better. So now I am growing some TB in pots in my greenhouse and hoping to cross them to SDB to produce IB's.

If you still have a box looking for a home, I would love them. I can send you the postage. Sending address via dmail.

Thanks
Bill

Greenwich, OH

Would enjoy!a box that is available.
Great! area here for growing iris.
Thanks!

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Everything's gone for now. Will probably post some more in two/three weeks when I get back home.

Lebanon, OR

Gee Neil and I thought I could con you out of one...HEHEHEHEH

A couple I would have loved, not needed but just wanted. Each person is getting quite a nice selection.

D

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Dee what are you after now, be specific -- come on what would a woman with hundreds perhaps thousands possibly WANT for? LOL.

Roni

Lebanon, OR

turquoise and green not olive colors have Tropical Shouls green tree but need more for the trail...and MOI have thousands of little ones nay just this year about 350 +

HE HEHEHEHEEH

D

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Dee-

You have only to ask. If I have extra pieces, they're yours.

Neil

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

So that would be in the tu tu turquoise, tu tu teal, jade stone ranges huh?

350+ little ones -- girl, I tell you how you manage to find time for other pursuits like grandbabies and family I'll never know.

Roni

South Hamilton, MA

Dee If you have Snow Tree, its seedling parent had blue stripes which is why they showed up on Miss Meredith. Just had your aphylla brought in as it has started to rain. No kidding? I see we should send some to Seattle.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I have Miss Meredith. Its beautiful, my only sadness was it didn't bloom this year and it and another had their tags removed over winter so I'm not sure which is which.

Roni

Lebanon, OR

well yesterday it was 110 here as well...too darn hot to work I can tell you.

I do not have any of the ones you mentioned Roni, will need to find them as working with greens and turquoise for medians

D

Lebanon, OR

Neil, I would love to trade Patacake and Jade Stone if you still have any

D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.