Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I wasn't expecting my iris order from Snowpeak until next month but it arrived today. What a surprise to open the box to find not only to a bunch of bonus plants but most all that I order she sent double or triple.

Thanks Denise,your a sweetheart.

Ya'll know where I'll be for the next several days. Some go in buckets for farmers market next spring....some go in my yard. YIPPEE!

Lebanon, OR

Glad you liked!

D

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Liked it?....I LOVE IT!...LOL

I can't find any info on rhizome labeled Strozz

P

Lebanon, OR

Strozzepreti is one of Bianco's

D

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Dangit! Bunch of red x's

Lebanon, OR

I will check the webpage but here is the beauty

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Took a couple of years to get going here, but here's my Strozzepreti from Dee:

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Lovely. Love the dark falls.Neil's looks like you could almost spread it on a PB&J sandwich.

Lebanon, OR

it looks and feels like velvet!

D

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Now I can't wait until spring of 2010

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I can't wait til then either. I received Strozzapreti this year in a trade. Next year is going to be so scrumptious in the garden.

Roni

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Roni-

How many iris do you have coming this year? I thought you were cutting back. Good thing you have that husband and teenage sons to do all the digging!

Neil

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Dee-

Are you having the heat wave that's on the news for Oregon? If so, I think you better stay out of the fields for a few days. People can just get their packages a few days later.....

Lebanon, OR

Yes, yesterday it was 110 and did not dig but that is because we had to go to the doctors about my husband, and the day before I dug but instead of digging 200-400 a day we did 150, Fri 150 and then MTWTH will dig about 200-300 day because alot of this are the overseas orders. One of them has 257 iris alone..so those I have to get dug come H or high water.

D

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Neil,

I am cutting back -- the size of the clumps anyway. LOL I keep trying to cut back, but when I get a trade set up, they always send extras -- go figure.

Roni

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I keep saying I'm cutting back on my obsessions but then I get in with people like ya'll and here I go again....LOL

South Hamilton, MA

Dee I know it's a lot of work, but congratulations on the large orders. It's raining, heavily this time so we are inside today although DH says he has made progress on weeds in one of the beds.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Is he weeding in a rain suit? My DH prides himself on being willing to weed for me in the rain if it means he gets to weed while wearing his rain suit. LOL!

It's raining here today too.

Roni

South Hamilton, MA

He finished just as it started to rain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.