need answer please

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I have so many Iris and want to get rid of some I am thinning out. They have had leaf spot this yr. I can't send to anyone with that. Will bleach water soak cure this?? Thanks BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Winnsboro, TX

Hi Bev,
You can send me all your extra irises your thinning out to go on the big hill I'm trying to cover. The leaf spots are ok, they will not kill the plants and most of the time I think it's from too wet an area in the iris beds. I would imagine that over 80% of most iris gardens have leaf spot to some degree.

There are some things you can do to help with the problems but I think you will still have the stuff hanging around. I'm sure others will post better help.

Either way, I'd like a bunch of those light blue irises you have if your going to be thinning them. I'll take some of any that you want to share with me. LOL

Hugs to ya and Happy Gardening,
Marian

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Ok Marion as soon as I can get to them. I will let you know. I still have to get you some hostas too. We changed docs and Scotty is doing much better but still have to do everything for him but that keeps me so busy. I planted the iris you sent me in a much sunnier place. I can't mark them but you will have some of each. HUGS BEV

Winnsboro, TX

I'm glad Scotty got a new doctor and hopefully that will help some. I know what you mean about having to do everything for someone. Remember I have 2 handicapped children and 2 handicapped grandkids. They are all crippled and I have to do alot of caregiving and taken care of them. I have the oldest grandson here right now and it's a real challenge for me.

Please take your time in sharing any of your plants with me. It's so hot here right now that I don't even want to stick my big toe out there. Of course most of my gardens and beds are suffering something awful. Everything needs weeded, fertilized, and so forth. Lots of things need trimmed back and my poor daylily beds have been taken over by weeds. Hopefully I'll be able to get out and use some roundup around some of the stuff this weekend.

You take care of yourself and Scotty! Happy Gardening, Marian

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I have the same problems that you do only our weather is nicer. We need rain now. You take care now. No You hadn't told me about the kids. So sorry. HUGS BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

You are both so wonderful... Marian, it's truly a blessing that someone so loving as you has the gift of patience for your grandchildren... and your grandchildren are so lucky to have such a wonderful and caring Grandma like you :) ... Bev, I hope Scotty is doing better with the new doctor's... I'm not familiar with your situations or their disorders, but as a nurse I am so happy that you are being so vigilant in getting them all good care :) ... if, in the end, you have iris to spare I'd love to pay shipping for some... but only if you have the availability...
Brittany

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I will see what I can do Brittany, Scotty had several strokes 8 yrs ago and has to have help with most everything and we have one of my son's who has Narcolepsy and Cataplexy living with us. My oldest son has lost 3 babies before birth and also the oldest GD Brittany Lynn at the age of 21 who had cancer for five yrs passed last March. Not telling you this to make you fell sorry for me just know that the good Lord keeps me strong to get through. That Marion is one nice person full of love. HUGS BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Winnsboro, TX

Brittany, don't let Bev fool you. She's a very precious person and we both learned to lean on one another and talk when we were feeling down and out with everything. We both worked to cheer the other person up and formed a friendship from that.

The world is full of good people. Sometimes you have to just look a little deeper to see the true inner person. Bev is truely an awsome carring individual. Although I was only there for her on the computer I felt the pain she was going through with the loss of her grand daughter Brittany Lynn. I think it's wonderful how someone can type into the computer screen and become a good friend with someone clear across the country. Since running into Bev I found we have alot in common.

All I can say is she has been a great garden buddy, enabler, and fun to talk to. Always lifting ones spirits, even when she has heavier burdens of her own. She's one of my heros.

Maybe we can work together to get you a few irises for you gardens.
Best Regards,
Marian

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I say one little sentence about you Marion and you dear write a book about me. Do you know that old saying "Ditto Cabbage Head"??? Ican say all the same things about you dear friend. I have met so many wonderful people and dear friends on DG. You couldn't be any where better. We will get you some Iris Brittany just dmail your addy. Hugs BEV

Winnsboro, TX

Ahhh Bev, flowers soon fade but friendships blossom and grow year round!

Britt, you need to send me your address too. When it cools off some I'll see what I can share with you.

Happy Gardening,
Marian

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Just read this & I think you are wonderful caring people. So pleasant to read and God Bless and be with you in caring for your families and hope you have a life long friendship.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you re !!! BEV

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.