Summer ... show you'r pic's #3

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Blackberry lily
Look behind the flower at the spent bloom , I love the corkscrew appearance.

edited to correct name

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 8:37 AM

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I had this marked as a dianthus ?
Now I don't think so...any ideas /

Thumbnail by gardengus
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

we are expecting rain every night this week, which we really need it. Scorching hot sun during the day and then big thunderstorm at night. Tonight, it was crazy windy. All my container plants were knocked over.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

LiliMerci,we too got some much needed rain last nite ,today also.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

purple and white cones

Thumbnail by huggergirl

not a great shot of Blackberry Lilly,peatunias that are growing straight up in the air,thought they were wave seeds,nice color but they are 3ft tall !!!

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Hugger , thanks for the photo I miss labeled my first post as candy lily ,now corrected. ^_^

Some blackberries on my thornless bush, they are always huge and tasty,

Thumbnail by gardengus
(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

My rudbeckia are taking over

Thumbnail by lrwells50

gardengus,I thought maybe there was another name for them,Iam not real good at keeping track ,although Iam working on that.Your blackberries look yummie!!!

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I love the saffron-colored blooms on the ligularia - it stands out against the dark, dusky leaves and brightens that spot in the border.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

That is a nice tropical look you have there.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Hahaha - it's kind of a throwback to the days of Victorian gardens, where they would put a palm tree in a garden as 'interest' and non-indigenous counterpoint. I have several banana trees planted in various locations around my garden.

geranium

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Stock

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Cliff Dweller, WA(Zone 8b)

This is the Hortico rose that had me worried. Well.......I have to "EAT MY HAT" as it indeed turned out to be the right color. Just before opening it was as dark pink as they come...and it opened to be the gentle peach that I purchased.

Thumbnail by Highmtn

Ok...now this is NOT my yard, but it's worthy of posting! I drive by this place every day on my way to work, and I have NEVER seen a better stand of Crocosmia "Lucifer" in my life! It's just stunning...the picture really doesn't do it justice. I pulled over... ducked and dodged some morning traffic...and snapped a couple photos.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2009 7:18 PM

Thumbnail by Highmtn
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

That crocosmia is just amazing.. Wow!

Anchorage, AK

Some great photos. Gardengus, I wish I knew what the second flower was! It's pretty, and I agree, sure isn't a dianthus. Have you tried the Plant Id thread? In case you don't get an answer that's an option anyway :) There are some real guru's over there.

Anchorage, AK

Sorry BTW huggergirl you must have a fabulous garden!
Highmtn, I was drooling on crocosmia lucifer at Lowe's the other day. Amazing photo.

LOL! I am a newbie over here. I just realized, sadly, that you have come from another link (blush). You all have amazing photos. I don't have much of a garden to share at the moment but I am enjoying yours! :)

This message was edited Jul 30, 2009 10:27 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hang around this forum, icanfindroom, and I guarantee your garden will get bigger! I love your DG name. :-)

Lovely photos on this thread... that stand of crocosmia is definitely traffic-stopping!

icanfindroom...(yes...very fun DG name..lol)

It took me a long time to figure out to get around Daves. I had been a member here for quite awhile, but could NEVER find my way back to the threads I had posted on. I still get confused sometimes... we need to leave a cyber crumb trail...lol

I have been driving past that Crocosmia display for 4 years...and I finally decided to nab a shot yesterday. I left early for work just to get that shot. You often have the car in front of you slam on the brakes if it's their first time past it.

I have a small bunch of it, but am going to add more. It appears to be fairly drought resistent.

Highmtn,whats the slang for Crocosmia,I dont reconize the proper name.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Hugger..
I don't know as I've ever heard it called anything BUT Crocosmia? It comes in different shades of red - orange. I prefer the "Lucifer" as it's just that FLAMING vibrant red.

Here's Dave's link on it...
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57411/

and...another
http://www.mobot.org/GARDENINGHELP/PLANTFINDER/plant.asp?code=H680

Off to work...

poof*

Highmtn,I reconize the bloom now,soo pretty.Thank you.

Bay Village, OH

perhaps the pretty white flower is achillea or angel's breath?

zinnia - candy cane?

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

and a fence full of Japanese Morning Glory. Seed pods are big on these velvety kool-aid purple Akatsuki no Murasaki.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

LiliMerci. I like the variegated leaves on the Japanese morning glory. I read that they are less invasive than the regular morning glories. Do you find that to be the case?

I grow the standard star of yelta purple morning glories. They come back every year here in zone 6, but seeds tend to wash down into the garden and climb my other plants. It is not a big deal, since friends usually want plants and they are easy to recognize and pull out. They look nice on the trellis, climbing over 20' in a season! I like that they come back every year. The bloom is similar to your morning glories.

This is my first year growing the variegated leaves but the Akatsuki no Murasaki is growing like crazy and produces tons of flowers.

My new rose and perennial bed today

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Helenium Sunshine Yellow

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Helenium Mardi Gras, a lot of which has flopped over after our rain this last week. May need to move it where it gets more sun, and a better draining bed.

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Rudbeckia Goldsturm

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Verbena beginning to bloom again

Thumbnail by lrwells50
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Finding your way around DG is pretty easy--click on the Home button at the top and it is the "cyber crumb trail"! Finding time to sit and play on the computer when my work on the computer is done is what it hard for me. ; )

My cosmos are filling the front courtyard this time of year.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Some of the reblooming cactus are blooming

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

All of the roses are in bloom all summer so I forget to take a lot of photos. These zinnias are my favs. Enchantress Pink, they reseed all over the yard and the hummers and butterflies flock to them.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful. The blooms on your cactus would look nice next to your disneyland rose.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I think the cactus is almost as beautiful as a rose, how long do the blooms last?

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I am with you finding time to reply or post seems difficult,I must be watching too many threads.

A couple of things blooming here.
Surprise lilies

Thumbnail by gardengus

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.