Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Just picked these this afternoon.
Doesn't get any better.

Paul

Thumbnail by paulgrow
Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

those look wonderful Paul!!! ^_^

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Looks great Paul. We haven't harvested one ripe tomato yet. We have about a billion green ones though. :) We have picked about a bushel of green beans today and tons of zuchinni and yellow squash and cabbage and onions. I'm also washing collard greens we picked too. We've eaten broccoli all summer so far. Anything extra goes to the chickens. I'll be glad when I don't have to buy tomatoes and peppers. We need more heat.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

wow I don't have ripe T's yet ;0( those look so yummy
Gloria

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

It's been so cold here that I can"t even get the tomatoes to set fruit. Huge plants, no tomatoes.I have one zuchinni and two yellow crooknecks. Not even a green bean yet, but boy am I sick of snap peas. his has been the biggest crop of peas yet. Usually they are done and gone by now, but this weather has kept them going strong. Sure hope I see a cucumber by September!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

That is just beautiful. What a bounty!

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Gee Wiz Paul! Excellent toe maters!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks, I'm taking a little break, been making pickles for 2 days.
On to the peach jam next week.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Did you grow your own peaches? We have two small trees we planted. They have about a dozen peaches on each one this year.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

No. I don't have the room.
I get them from an orchard in New Boston
I buy seconds, they work well for jam and a a lot cheaper.

I was in a market this morning they wanted $22 a 1/2 bushel.

Paul

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Looks like super tomatoes Paul. Only one ripe one for me so far and it was a small salsa type tomato.

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Yummmmmmme! What varieties are they?

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

We FINALLY got an armful of tomatoes today. Hopefully, the warmer weather will ripen the rest of them.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I still have a lot of green ones but no ripe ones yet ;0(
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

I picked 6 large cherry maters!! For large ones, they are kinda on the small side! Guess small is better than none!! Quite a few large green ones on the tallest ever of mater bushes :) Hey Gloria, have you left for work yet??

This message was edited Aug 16, 2009 6:32 AM

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

nop not yet got to have my coffee and Daves fix for the day ;0) Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Had to get my cup of joe too :) We lost our cable yesterday, still not on :( Used to getting up at 5am and getting the news!! Sorry I could not make your sons reception :(
Please post some pictures if you get a chance tho :)
Tootsie

I just have a few tomatoes ripening so far. Soon I wont know what to do with them though. I have 28 heirloom varieties out there!

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

flowrgirl1, 28 heirloom varieties!! Do you have mortgage lifter or beef heart? I remember the first time I saw a mortgage lifter mater, it was so huge and heavy!!

I have mortgage lifter, Mr. stripey, black pineapple, choc. cherry, cherokee purple, german johnson, arkansas traveler, to name the ones off the top of my head. Will find my list.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Have you ever grown watermelon, Moon & Stars ? I did just a few times, before I had the greenhouse! Now I could like to try and grow them to their great size! Before they would only grown smaller, but you could still see the moon and stars :)

I haven't but really want to in the future. It looks so wonderful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.