What are your echies grouped with?

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread that shows what other plants our echies are grouped with, which ones make the best visual impact together. So, please share your grouping photos here!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Nice idea. I have them all around the garden but most are fairly new. I have them planted with lavender, phlox,gaillardia,delphs, lilies,daisies, yarrow and each other. Contrasting colors and complimentary colors. They go well with everything.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

whole different color combo is possible with the new red/orange ones.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Same flower shapes

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

in different colors

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

with other shapes and sizes

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

and lots of colors, shapes and sizes.

Thumbnail by ngam
Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

really love the photos! we are in such a heat wave/drought that we aren't having a lot of time in the garden looking at our own stuff, I appreciate the pictures you have shared. My favorites are the different plants all mixed up together. Earlier this summer I had my coneflowers blooming by a prostrate rosemary with a backdrop of red knockout rose and it dawned on me that the contrasting textures of the leaves/flower types made everything look better. So I'm spending more time in my head trying to put together combos that will compliment each other.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

They look really good with...

Lavender
Asclepias tuberosa
Rudbeckia
Salvia
Achillea
Sedum
Nepeta "Walker's Low"

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Here's a bizarre combination. I like to plant Echinacea in front of my taller hibiscus hybrids.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Another one with hibiscus from November 2008

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Echinacea with stokesia, rudbeckia and gaillardia
Jon

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Huntersville, NC

amorecuore - nice pics! how tall are those in your last post?
im getting / have just gotten a couple of those in
and your arrangement looks really nice.

hope you dont mind if i steal your arrangement idea?? ^_^

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I think Echinaceas look best with other Echinaceas. LOL. Just tons of different Echies all together!

Thanks. They are maybe 18", or so, tall in that last photo. Those ones are Echinacea "Sundown".
Jon

That's true. They look nice together. Just recently put a section of the green and pink echinacea together. Would like to do another section of just red, orange and yellows.

(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

My oldest ones are in a mixed bed

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.