What is wrong in this picture?

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Ooh - this got nothing to do with gardening, but I thought I would share this with everybody.

So off to get some coffee this morning, this is in our street corner and as a good driver (he-he) I stopped on this red light before making a left turn. I waited and waited then... OMG!

If you have a keen eye for details, guess what's wrong?!

Thumbnail by Tex68
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Can't turn when there is no green light to turn on!!!!!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

LOL! You're right. After the opposing traffic on both directions stopped on their red light, I was like... okay, what the heck happened to the green light???!!! It turned out the bottom third (green) part of the light was laying on the side of the road. For whatever reason it fell from the light structure. I always thought they were one solid piece.

It's all fixed now and everything is just fine.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I bet you were not the only law 'biden citizen to wait for a while. I thought they were all one piece too. Who knew. :)

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I didn't know they weren't one piece. What a mess if you were in a hurry!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Imagine what a mess if it would have dropped on somebody's windshield!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Even uglier!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Crazy!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

too funny... I would have been rubbing my eyes thinking the coffee didn't kick in yet

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

pretty funny

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

So tex did you turn left with no light or did you wait for them to come and glue it back on? Really. How'd you get your coffee? Anyone know the traffic rule for this situation? 'Proceed through intersection blowing horn" maybe?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

When a traffic light is not working you treat it like a 4 way stop.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

But didn't the guys coming the other way have a whole traffic light facing them? Would they catch on to the 4-way dance?

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

There were whole traffic lights in the opposing traffic. It is apparent when both sides stop that they have the red light.
Actually I didn't made the turn until their second stop because I was trying to figure out what happened to the green light, and I knew there was a green light in there before since I pass this intersection a gazillion times.

On my way back I saw the police officer picking up the fallen green light on the side of the road.

In case of a total failure, on the 'four way stop' I think that applies if all streets are side or minor streets.
On major highways, I think whoever is traveling on the main highway/road got the right of way. I'm not sure though. That's what we've been practicing here when there's power failure along the major roadways.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

For a major highway a cop should be stationed at the intersection.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Jen - you're right. And there's always a cop stationed at the intersection or they usually put a blockage where you can't cross or make a left turn. I'm talking about the sudden onset when traffic light fails due to power failure or for whatever reason.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh yeah and probably sudden onset of an accident...lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.