What's up with this?

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

My after midnight is doing a dual color thing right now. White on one side of this bloom, pink on the other--very wierd. The plant is doing great, though. It has about 10 blooms about to burst open and I have only had it in the ground for 1 to 1 1/2 months! Only had one bloom when I purchased it!

Thumbnail by funnthsun

The color difference was even more prominent last night, FYI

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I have seen rose blooms do this. Not sure what causes it but it is interesting.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Are you still doing the photo shopping thing!!! LOL I have no idea what would cause that.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I've seen After Midnight do that when it doesn't get enough light. That's what they look like when they take them off the trucks to put out to sell at Home Depot and Lowes. Is this one in full sun or what?

I know, this one looks like it's been photoshopped, too, but nope--au natural!

Yes, this one actually gets more sun than most of my echs. Also, the other blooms are colored up just fine. Wierd.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2009 9:20 PM

(Warren)Lisbon Falls, ME(Zone 5a)

Must be one of those genetic variations that happen from time to time. Has anyone ever seen an apple that is all red but one section is rough green and mutated? Just a thought. Think it is called a chimera mutation - like some of the variegated plants out there are...been a long time since I took plant genetics, lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.