What is in your mailbox? & the lilly people taking over!

Cherryvale, KS

I couldn't find anything to say on the existing threads, so started a new one! Let's talk about what is arriving! The daylilly people are taking over the leaderboard! My first arrival was Schreiners: Dakota Smoke, Fit For A King, Frosted Velvet, Here Comes The Night, and Tumalo Sunset! Oh! Happy Friday BIF's!! pic Heaven's Edge

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

There wasn't anything in my mailbox today. :( Not even bills, guess no one wants my money or loves me enough to send me irises. LOL.

Last week I got boodles from trades and postage offers. I haven't ordered from growers yet, I'm dragging my feet this year.

Roni

South Hamilton, MA

We have plants from superstition gardens, snowpeak, Mid america & K.Keppel. Some extras, but only ordered 22 plants--getting smart in my old age. Winterberry shipment still to come. All are mostly medians with SDBs leading the way.

South Hamilton, MA

Whoops! sorry about duplicates--did not show as sent.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Chapeau and Toasted Watermelon arrived last week from Wild Iris Rows...waiting on deliveries from Malevil and MidAmerica and Stout in OK.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

OOooo, Toasted Watermelon is a delicious color !!!

Argyle, Superstition, Cooleys (a gift from 2nd in line to the throne daughter) & Stoney Creek. That's all, I think. Plus a trade and a gift from another DG'er.

I have high hopes for it, granny. : )

Some cite a scent to it and others don't; guess I'll have to wait until next year to find out.

South Hamilton, MA

All ordered iris plants are here, only 22 this yr. I am good.

Only 22? I'd have to start digging up the driveway...wait, don't give me ideas!!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I have about 27 this year. No more room and no one to help dig more beds this year. They are some real beauties though. List later. Need to get to the shop. Have a great day everyone.

Cherryvale, KS

Happy Wed my BIF's!! Received order from Sutton's! I bought Momentous Occasion, Broken Link, Ice Etching, and received Fruit Stripe as a bonus!! I've been trying to get all of my trades shipped this week! Went to the post office Monday in Parsons to pick up boxes. They were out of boxes! What the heck! The post office , out of boxes!!! Had to go to Independence Tuesday, they are packed and ready, will ship priority this am. Have one order of trades still to pot. Have a great day!! pic Wish Upon A Star looks like a drunken sailor took the pic. Sorry! LOL

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 7:22 AM

Thumbnail by NickysIris
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I have all 29 of the iris from Schreiner's planted; about half or more are replacements; and have received the iris I ordered from Rainbow Iris Farms in Iowa but have yet to plant them. I have some historics and some fragrant ones that I am trying to collect more of in general. (Besides all other irises that I am trying to collect more of, you know what I mean!) Happy winter dreams!

South Hamilton, MA

Just recieved SDB Pink Frosting in the mail on a trade with PollyK. It is in great shape.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I just received this morning a trade with KSBaptisia which included Wintry Sky, Raptor Red, Enjoy the Party, Pink Bubbles and others.

Yesterday I got some hostas, a japanese iris, and some siberians among other things from Mittsy.

Roni

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

And I got a GREAT box of Prodan, Bluet, and I. aphylla from IrisMa. Thanks, Lucy!

I didn't order any bearded this year. I have a ton of sibs and Jis coming, but not until later.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Polly the Iris are doing well. Not a lot of growth right now but nice and green,. Can't wait to see how they overwinter so I can know what I can grow here of JI.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I can't wait too, Steph.

If they are nice and green that's what you want this time of year. Make sure you have quite a bit of mulch around them, but not right on top of them for winter.

Good job!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Okie Dokie Polly.

Cherryvale, KS

It is raining iris!!! I received my order from Snowpeak, and the 5 intros from TBIS! Two trades that sent extra! My order from Keith Keppel, and my order from Tom Burseen!!! They have all been generous! I also received iris from Keppel, Mid-Am and Burseen for the Parsons Area Iris Club auction!! If any of you are close enough, you should come!! Over $600.00 worth of iris from Burseen, and over $700 worth from Mid-America!! Didn't do the math on Keppel! Their auction is Aug. 9th in Parsons, KS. We would love to have anyone in this area to come.If you need more info you can call me at 620-336-2606, or e-mail mealeynicky@yahoo.com! Happy Friday BIF's! If anyone wants an auction list, let me know and I'll send it when complete! pic Partial Eclipse

Thumbnail by NickysIris
South Hamilton, MA

Just did our auction--whew, that's enough iris plants for awhile.

Cherryvale, KS

I know what you mean! I've got to get lists typed and should be out potting! Happy Saturday BIF's! pic Dragonheart!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Yes, the chickens are coming home to roost in my mailbox, too! More iris and DL's, and I am planting planting planting. Joy!

South Hamilton, MA

Only the Winterberry order yet to come. Luckily the iris plants with large rhizomes can sit in the air a bit (outside the packing) because the weeds have taken over this season & have to be cleared.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.