Can you help us identify this iris?

Ellinwood, KS(Zone 5b)

We obtained this iris a few years ago from a friend. It blooms early and is a tall bearded iris. It is very pretty. It has gold standards, rusty red falls with a band of gold, and gold beards. Thank you for your help.

Thumbnail by jdlucky1
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sure looks like Dazzling Gold. A dazzling iris to this day, see:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/34677/

Lebanon, OR

Also could be All that Jazz, Back Street Affair .Brasero, Dance Fever, Fanfaron, Halo Everybody, just to list a few that follow your description.

D

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Sure looks like Dazzling Gold. When did it bloom and how tall is it??

Lebanon, OR

DG has a ORANGE BEARD!

D

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Sort of looks like my Fanfaron.

Shadow

Thumbnail by Mshadow
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Looks to me like this isn't as easy as thought by pictures. Many of the professionals believe that true identification can only be achieved once you have bloomed your NOID side-by-side with the flower you believe it to be. Therefore, I am trying not to venture guesses of NOIDS including my own unless I have a list of "what might it be" available.

R.

Lebanon, OR

After the test I had to take for judging, I know that sometimes it is hard to ID with the cut iris stock in front of you.

5 pink iris with a list of 15 that those 5 could be..got 2 only because I grew them both...most got one correct. Image if you were in the garden doing it that would be somewhat easier.

I could show you all the pictures of yellow and red one that came to mind but have not looked at picture was Michigan Pride.

D

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I had entered a flower in the local AIS show. It was Revel in Red, a Spoon border bearded. That year it outgrew its class and as such, the judges didn't believe it was a border bearded and judged it as a TB.

I wouldn't want a job as a judge.

Roni

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Judging requires a lot of training plus you are expected to have a "modern" iris garden and 3 years as an AIS member. I have completed the training but not the 3 years of judge's training. Then there is an apprenticeship and one-on-one training. Still, one obviously doesn't know everything.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.