Look at Pooh!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm in love - isn't he adorable? LOL. It took three blooms for it to actually get the right number of petals, but looks like we're on track now.
(Yes, dahlianut, the tubers will be yours.... Ü)

Joanne

Thumbnail by Grow_Jo
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

o wow - what a beautiful dahlia!
No wonder dahlianut is such a nut about 'em! (just like I am, about Daturas - wish I could change my name to DaturaNut lol) I already changed my name once, so can't do it again.

Dahlianut gave me a whole bunch of Dahlias, and they're all doing beautifully. I have a deep, deep burgundy one that's about to open and I can hardly wait. I love burgundy........ :-))

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Love the red n' yellow! Quite a beauty!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Lovely specimen Grow Jo of the North! I loved Pooh when I had it- vibrant and cheerful. Enjoy it!

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 10a)

So pretty, cheerful is the perfect word for this one. How does that smart little flower know to get little tips of yellow on each petal just so? I said this on another thread, but the science of dahlia-ism is just amazing to me! It must make you smile just to see it-congrats!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luvly, luvly Pooh Jo North!!! YIPPEE for a tuber (kiss,kiss)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Dahlianut - did I ever send you pics of how the dahlias you gave me are doing?
They are beautiful!!!

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

You are ahead of me JoAnne. My first year for Pooh , lots of buds but no faces.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Pooh's ahead of all the other standard size dahlias in my garden. Not sure why, I started them all inside around the same time.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Post your pics here TallulahB!!!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I will! They're beautiful - my DH can't decide whether he likes the yellow one that started to bloom 1st, or the burgundy one that has filled out more & more each day and opened last week......
I can't tell you what the names are, cuz I'm @ work, but it's the one that was bent by the greenhouse shelf. It's hugely tall!
They're together in one large pot, on my deck, and look stunning!!!!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Ok, here's posting, Dahlianut!
Here's my DH's fav - D'Ete Nuit (gotta admit - it's mine too)
This is the 1st bloom, and there are 2 others that are coming.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

This one's Bishop of York
It was the first Dahlia to bloom, and it's been non-stop ever since - such a cheery flower :-)

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I forget what this one's called, but it's a tiny border plant, in my semi-shade berm.

D'Ete Nuit is a taaaaaaaaaall plant meant for the back of a garden, but I have it in a large pot. as long as I keep watering it every day, it's doing well.
In fact, all the dahlias need a lot of watering!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 10a)

Those are pretty Tallulah. I see why you both love D'Ete Nuit-it is gorgeous! I've never heard of it, but I must have it!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you :-)
Dahlianut grew it in her greenhouse, and gave the plant to me when it was "only" 1 1/2 ft high - now it's 4 ft high!

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 8:37 AM

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Nice growing Tallulah. I like the faint red center on Bishop of York. So dainty!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

They are looking very happy and prettiful Tallulah!!! I luv Bishop of York for it's subtle red stripe on the edge of some of the blooms. We must try to get a good pic of a bloom with the strip and put it in PFs Tallulah. Quee the D'ete Nuit is actually called Nuit D'ete. Sorry Tallulah for my bad habit of constantly mislabelling it (blush).

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hahaha s'ok, Dahlianut! You're my soul sister for all that, after all lol

Put it in PF's - you're right - it is very pretty with the red strip. I have loads of pictures of this very pretty flower.
I'll have to do that tonight, after I get home from work!

Well, you done dood it, Dahlianut!
I'm hooked on dahlias, too!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We warmly welcome all to Dahliaholics Anonymous ^_^

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hahahaha Thank 'e, m'lady!!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Those are beautiful dahlia's Im new to dahlia growing world with lots to learn.. Im very excited and hoping soon to have my own plants with such beautiful blooms... I purchased an orange and purple DP dahlia..but the orange one has done nothing.. waaaa... Its been in the ground(tubers) for a month, do you think it is dead? Should I just leave it alone for now and see what happens in the spring... The purple one is doing great... Thanks for info Trish

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.