daisies and mums growth is stunted

Marble Hill, NY(Zone 6a)

I planted shasta 'Becky' daisies and german flag chrysanthemums in a new area in my yard and both are not growing properly. They are really short (6 inches) and have tiny flowers.

The leaves on the daisies have brown veins which obviously is not good, but the german flags don't look like anything is wrong -- they are just tiny.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm going outside now to take some pictures -- be back soon

Marble Hill, NY(Zone 6a)

so my camera totally died on me -- so no pictures for now -- but any suggestions would be appreciated

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Take a sheet of white paper, hold under the plants, flick the plant with your fingers and any insects should fall on the paper. If you see teeny tiny crawling bugs that are kind of yellow/brown, you have thrips.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

How long ago did you plant them? If it was recently, it could be they're still working on getting their roots going, until they get their roots established a bit they won't have a lot of energy to put into growing tall or putting out lots of big flowers so you can see very slow growth and if they flower at all the flowers may be small or not as nice looking.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.