I think the bees like this Echie a little too MUCH!

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I think the bees like this Echie a little too MUCH!

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

OMG, I don't think I have that many bees in the whole yard, EM! The bees really love my echs, too, but they are scattered around, one on each ech. I did get a great shot of a butterfly enjoying an ech, though.

Thumbnail by funnthsun
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice photos. You should see the bee swarms we get here usually in October. There can be 500-1000 of them hanging down from a hanging basket or clustering all together on an orange tree. You can go back an hour or two later and they're gone. It happens every year in early autumn.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

That is so pretty. Is that a Mac 'n Cheese? I'm pretty sure it's not "Harvest Moon" because the blooms aren't quilled at all! LOL.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

I think its Mac N Cheese also. It doesn't have that lighter ring of color on the petals near the cone that you always see on Harvest Moon.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

My goodness that's a crowd on that one bloom. Nice shots both of you. We seemed to have a shortage of bees for several days right after that 6 weeks of cool temps, clouds and rain almost every day. I was worried a lot of them might had died or something but they seem to have regrouped now after several sunny days this month.

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Yep, Mac N Cheese, LOL, you know it's not Harvest Moon! My Harvest Moon blooms are about half that size!

As a matter of fact, that is the exact same bloom of Mac N Cheese that I posted several weeks ago. Can you believe how well it is holding it's color?

This message was edited Jul 23, 2009 8:01 AM

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

So funny! The all you can slurp Bee Buffet!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.