My humble little flower bed

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Finally starting to bloom nicely in the sun.

Thumbnail by skellogg
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

maybe now the weather will straighten out and they will fill in like they are supposed to

Thumbnail by skellogg
Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

That looks really nice. Mine are popping up all over the place - I have a white one that I have NO idea where came from. I love the way the crossbreed and just go crazy.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I agree! That is one of the best parts of springtime. I love to see what new ones show up every year! Now if I could just keep the deer out of them! I would love to find a little white one!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Three border collies and all the farm buildings keep us out the deer cafeteria, along with the fields of clover between here and the woods.
I suspect my little white one came from a bunch I bought last year that got beaten down by a hot spell. This one is in a bed about 8 feet from where they were - maybe a bird assisted.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Kathleen,

Violas of all kinds have exploding seed pods. 8 feet from the original planting would not be a record. When they let loose of their seeds they can reach a distance 25 feet.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

And don't I know it! This one is in a position that I think it really had some assistance. There are large pots and a multitude of plants between the two spots. I have violas in almost as many spots as I have hollyhocks and phlox - gardening in the lazy manner.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I prefer to think of it as working with nature.....

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

lol
speaking of explosive seed pods, I brought three in last Saturday and put them in a small yogurt container. I was going to put something over the top of it, but didn't - pansy seeds all over the counter top in who knows where else!

This message was edited Jul 27, 2009 1:36 PM

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Probably some on the cabinet tops....you should look up there too.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Ha! the cabinets go to the ceiling, but there may be some behind the freezer. That could make for an interesting cleaning, "how did these pansies get back here??"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.