Mich. weed Id please

Northern, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi,
Do you know what the name of these weeds are. They are popping out all over.
It is too bad they are weeds as some of them are nice. The first one "A" in the pic opens in the morn & closes for the night. These look pretty nice. I transplanted some and threw them by a rock wall.
The second pic "B" I think I have seen before. If it is the same thing, I remember it had clusters of deep purple berries and they stained my hands bad. I remember the stalk being real thick also. I don't know if this is the same one but it looks the same in the begining.
The last pic "E" is a real nice flowering weed but it grows so long. I see some 7 ft long & choking everything it grows on.

Thank you for your time.

Joel.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2009 4:01 AM

Thumbnail by penth2o
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

"A" looks like Oxalis to me

"D" is sweet pea vine. Very nice if planted where it won't choke out anything else but very invasive and hard to get rid of.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

"a" is spider wort...I have lots of it...it is invasive to...it is a perennial so chances are the seeds blew over to you from somewhere else. I have it popping up all over and I just keep pulling them out. They love water...

Northern, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks folks, now I can look them up to read about them. Any ideas on B, C or D.

Schoolcraft, MI

Picture B is pokeweed. It is poisonous and has a very long root. Best eradication is to Roundup it when it is young

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.