Anyone else having problems with Poly-fil Fiberfill?

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I have been making sewn dolls, animals, general crafts for years and just recently opened a new bag of Poly-fil Premium 100% Polyester Fiberfill. It's the extra large size - 32 ounces. I don't remember if I bought it at JoAnns or Walmart since I haven't needed it and it's been stored in the closet for a while. I used it to stuff some primitive Annie's and found that the fibers are coming through the threads in the fabric. This was a closely woven fabric that resembles tea dyed muslin, but is a high quality woven. It's never happend before, and I've used this fabric for years. What a pain it is to remove the fibers by hand. I tried running sticky tape over them but not all of them would come out. That forced me to pull them out individually. I don't have the extra time to go through this every time I make something. Could the bag be defective? Or, like almost everything else out there, have they changed how the fiberfill is made and it is now an inferior product?

Anyone else having similar issues with this product? Is there some other brand that you can recommend? I remember trying some off brands but didn't like the results. So, I went pack to Poly-fil brand.

Should I call Fairfield and complain about their product? I'd appreciate any advice you can share.

Linda

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!