Finally found Margaret Hunt

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

Please help. Clem Guru I know you like Margaret Hunt, so I have been looking for her, found her!!!! I have a 8 foot tall metal pyramid that I would like to plant her on. Do you have a suggestion of what to plant with her. Maybe, something that will bloom earlier and then again with her. She will be right in the front of my house. I would like to have something blooming there all spring and summer. I think the pyramid is big enough to support 3 or 4 clems? Thank you for any help. Mary.

Delaware, OH

if you like tone on tone go for a darker purple or plum like jackmanii, lady betty balfour, perrins pride. if you go with jackmani they will bloom at the same time.
for contrast ville de lyon, or really pretty and same blooming time would be barbara harrington. combos are what ever the mind's eye can envision and are rarely wrong. bloom timing is a big consideration if you want them to bloom at same time or staggered. for staggered tone on tone i would do the president, margaret hunt and lady betty balfour. 3 waves of pretty blooms probably with some overlap as one blooms out and the other comes on.
enjoy your margaret hunt. it has been such a a great clem for me and for some reason i appreciate the beauty of it maybe more than any other.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

Guru, Thank you so much. What wonderful advice. What would we do with out you?

Delaware, OH

Too kind. Forum is fun, clems are the best hobbie I can think of!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.