Plant Delights Pics - FINALLY!

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I went back to Plant Delights Open House today and it was still amazing. I had so many photos that I put the highlights up on Photobucket for everyone. I labeled what I could, but if you really want to know about something, post the question and I will see if I remember anything specific about that plant. If you click on a pic and it looks a little distorted or you just want to see it bigger, click again on the pic and you will get the mega full-sized image. Here's the link to the album:

http://www.photobucket.com/allclear

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

funn..we were there...why didn't you come down to the deck and find the dgers?! Oh, man! You could have been eating and partying with us afterwards! We had much fun and hate we missed you.
Ok, now I'm going to look through your pics:) back soon!
Bev

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful photos! You have a wonderful eye for detail:)

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Very nice photos. Super job. Thanks so much for taking the time to take the pictures and post them all so we could see them. It's a time consuming process and we all very much appreciate it. Outstanding.
Jon

Also, it was interesting to see they have Echinacea "Aaaaavalanche" growing there since it is not one they are currently offering for sale on their website.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Tony has loads of things in his gardens that are not currently for sale. His catalog would need some serious muscle to move it otherwise, lol! The gardens contain mixes of things he has collected in past travels, things that he used to sell but doesn't currently and lots of trials. His trial bed of criunums is amazing, and the collection of agaves is mindblowing! According to him, all his gardens are planned on computer, and believe it or not, that expansive garden is maintained by only 2 full time staff members. He also stated yesterday that anything that has been in for 10 years is in for an overhaul. He has it all down to a science. Wish I did!

2 full time staff members? Uh, no way! I can't even keep up with my .5 acre area, much less the acres that he has, all planted and looking beautific! Wow!

Jon,

I tried to stay focused on the echs and the ruds, but as you can see my camera wondered a bit, LOL! I took pics of the echs, a lot of them even if they were ugly. Thought that was good to document as well. Tony had a ton of Ruby Giants, I noticed. They must do well easily for him, also.

Echmaniac,

The echs were nice, but the ruds were amazing there. I thought of you and what you have been saying about liking the ruds better lately. By the way, you said you would have to change your username and I thought, Oooh, you can just change it to ConeflowerManiac and be covered either way, LOL!

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I can't believe he left this plant in the garden!

http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/carisaa88/?action=view¤t=P7180075.jpg

Look - He got one of those bad Big Sky plants with the quilled blooms.

His Avalanche Echie also looks like it has a virus. Did you see the leaves? I've seen them with a virus before and it looks like that mosaic virus to me.

Thanks for the photos. I don't feel so bad now seeing that he got the bad Big Sky plants too!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Thanks to both of you for sharing your trips with us. Pics were really nice to see. Glad all had a great time. So still no purchases, boy are you in better control than I would be in your place. Thanks again for taking the time to share.

I know, I totally took that pic for you, echmaniac, LOL!

Ha! You totally made my day!

Actually, I did get a few plants this time (blush!), I was bad. I picked up 2 orange crocosmias and a blue salvia.

LOL. You see, nobody grows 100% perfect Echinacea's. I don't think it's possible when you have a large collection of them. The all go through some ups and downs at some point in time. My "Sundown" isn't looking the greatest right now as its going through a downward cycle in blooming. It will probably bounce back again in the next month or so. It usually does.

I'm glad I didn't get Avalanche. I wish he had some Coral Reef blooming! LOL. Can someone look at the following picture of his Coconut Lime and tell me what the markings on the leaves might be. I had some plants with that same problem last year.

http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/carisaa88/?action=view¤t=P7180055.jpg

This message was edited Jul 19, 2009 11:43 AM

It looks like its either a glare from the sun or a little bit of a powdery mildew to me.

I think mildew, those guys are right beside a pond area, so they get a lot of moisture.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Yep...2. Heard it from the man himself. I can't keep up either, lol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.