swap for collectible plates and misc.

Galien, MI

I'm looking to swap these items for zone 5b plants and gardening supplies. This will be best offer, not first come - ending time not determined yet. Price values are based on online sales that I have found. If you don't have these plants, but really want the item, you can have a nursery send them to me, or a friend who has some. Feel free to send this link to whoever you think may be interested.

Update - 12-09 Still have most of these available. Can send item now, get plant in spring. Adding bulbs/tubers and anything unusual to the list. Let me know what you have extras of.

My wish list for plants are mostly shrublettes (small shrubs), but for the right plant, I may take a batch of unrooted cuttings. Named varieties get preference over unknowns, and if you know which nursery it originally came from, that's a bonus. :-)
Philadelphus (mock orange), variegated or dwarf
Sambucus (elderberry), Sutherland Gold or Guicho Purple
Scarlet curls contorted willow
Golden curls contorted willow
Calycanthus (sweet shrub) white or red
Named varieties of red twig and yellow twig dogwood, such as Cardinal, Hedgerows Gold, Silver and Gold
Fiesta Forsythia
Hypericum (St John's Wort) shrub - Tricolor especially
Kerria (except picta), especially albaflora
Hybrid Hazelnut bush - seeds acceptable
Everblooming purple daylilies
Polytepal daylilies - named or seedlings
Japanese or siberian iris
Unusual fruits, such as yellow raspberries, miracle fruit, Nanking cherry, lingonberry, Romeo, Juliette, Carmen cherries, wild yellow sweet cherries. Blueberries and strawberry starts also welcome.
Unique clematis starts or morning glory seeds
Bulk quantities of japanese maple seeds

I'm not big on most annual seeds, or perinneals, but if it's unique, it may catch my interest. :-)

Most of these items lovingly collected by my mother, who was the original owner, and passed away a few years ago. Plates come in their original boxes, with certificates of authenticity.

Value of hummingbird plate = $10 7th in Encyclopedia Britanica's Birds of your Garden collection by Kevin Daniel, by Knowles.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2009 2:41 PM

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Value of woodpecker plate = $10 9th in Encyclopedia Britanica's Birds of your Garden collection by Kevin Daniel, by Knowles.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Value of goldfinch plate = $10 8th in Encyclopedia Britanica's Birds of your Garden collection by Kevin Daniel, by Knowles. You may have to look sidways, not sure if the rotation will work.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

This is some cross-stitch patterns, value for both = $4. Never opened

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Another cross stitch pattern good for a beginner - $2

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Software - $5. Non-violent adventure games NiBiRu and Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None; Anne Geddes (dressed up babies) images for calendar, jigsaw game, computer wallpaper; CD instructions on learning Yoga.

Not pictured but also available - Syberia I and II (adventure game of the year 2002 and visually beautiful - non-violent and fun!), Nancy Drew and the Haunted Carousel, and CSI - 2 in 1 set, The original Crime Scenes Investigation and Dark Motives - $10 for this last one.

All in original boxes.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Value of Blue Jay plate = $10 2nd in Encyclopedia Britanica's Birds of your Garden collection by Kevin Daniel, by Knowles.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Value of oriole plate = $10 3rd in Encyclopedia Britanica's Birds of your Garden collection by Kevin Daniel, by Knowles.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Value of cardinal plate = $10 1st in Encyclopedia Britanica's Birds of your Garden collection by Kevin Daniel, by Knowles.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Value of cedar waxwing plate = $10 10th in Encyclopedia Britanica's Birds of your Garden collection by Kevin Daniel, by Knowles.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Value of robins plate = $10 6th in Encyclopedia Britanica's Birds of your Garden collection by Kevin Daniel, by Knowles.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Value of serenity plate = $10 In the series of Underwater Paradise, by Robert Lyn Nelson and Danbury Mint. These don't have certificates with them that I see, but they are numbered and come in their original styrofoam container. If I find the certificates, I'll send that along, also. Pictures don't do these justice!

This one is Serenity of Waipio.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Search for Harmony - slightly tilted :-) There's irony in there somewhere.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Honolua: Bay of Piilani

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

sunlight glow

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

And several Bradley and Bradley style collectible dolls, most with tags still on them, 1/2 are musical. No rips or tears, but some color fading, dust, normal wear for being on display for 30+ years. These are the quality versions, not the gas station versions. $30-$60 each almost 40 years ago.

Musical - $15

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Not sure if this one is musical or not, some hair rearrangement - $8

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Musical - don't recall the song, but can check if you're interested. Great condition. $15

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Again, not sure if this one is musical - can check. $10 or $15, once I find out if it's musical. Great condition.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Don't know the maker, but porcelain, removable clothing, thick material, jacket is a thick velvet. On a stand. $15

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

Brinn doll, with stand. New condition, about 20 years old. Open mouth with teeth showing. I don't remember why that was important, just had the pointed out to me at the time. $20 Over a foot tall, and heavy.

That's it for today, will have a couple more soon.

Thumbnail by beakerlj
Galien, MI

all of these are still available. Expanding to included named hostas, and unusual seeds for zone 5-6.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Hello, I am interested in "Serenity of Waipio". I have named and un-named Sib iris and would send some of each. My SI bloom every other year for the most part..I have no idea why and they aren't talking.
I also had some Nanking cherry bushes..need to check bunny shopping. I know that I have one that is quite large and would give a try to dig and bundle to send a mix of plants.
PLMK.
Marcia

Galien, MI

sounds great! That's a beautiful plate, and it sounds like I'll enjoy those plants. Want to dmail me, and we can swap addresses?

I'd really like these to get a good new home - right now the memories are not helpful - but I'd get haunted if I just ditched them. :-)

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Argh, it has been raining for past 3 days..we did need it as I have been watering for weeks. I have some of the Sib Iris up and in water; but need to get the rest and they are in the middle of mud! Will try for smaller cherry bushes as the big one (4+ foot is undiggable-roots are mixed with the river birch but thought I would give it a shot..

This message was edited Sep 26, 2009 10:49 PM

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I do have several hostas but really nothing on your list I really would be interested in the counted cross stitch with the butterflies on it. It would be a good winter project? Do you need and shade items? I have ground covers, hosta, ligularia, solomon seals, Rougucci (will have to check the spelling) Clematis it has really pretty bell shaped flowers on it, dark blue. Look at my journal. I understand if the items I have does not fit you needs. I really would like the humming bird plate also. Maybe a few more if we could work it out. what other cross stich kits do you have I haven't done them in years. Are they counted and not stamped? Do not want the stamped ones. thanks, Ronna

Galien, MI

Hi Ronna, I did see your message, and I'll reply soon. got my hands too full at the moment to focus, but am interested in the trade.
More later, LJ

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

I am interested in the Cardinal Plate. I am not sure what I have that would be interesting to you, but I have three kinds of iris, including hungarian iris. You can look at my have list and see if there is anything you are intersted in this is a ling to my have list:
http://davesgarden.com/tools/tradelist/manage.php?list=have

Let me know what you think,
Thanks,
Mickey

Galien, MI

meickle, I'm sending you an email.

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

I don't have any plants to trade, just some seeds for Kniola's Black Morning Glory & Sunrise Serenade Morning Glory. Would love to have one of your dolls though. I do have about 20 seeds for "Pumpkin Tree". (Can't find any info on it) The person I got it from said it was hardy to zone 4b or 5a but I'm not sure as this is the first year that I have grown it. It's a bush that gets 4-5 ft tall, has purple vains on the leaves & grows what looks like "mini-pumpkins" on it. I've been told that it is really a type of egg plant but am not sure on that one either.

Galien, MI

I think I've responded to everyone so far, but if I haven't, resend me a note.

Still lots of these things left, and I'm open to offers. These would make great presents. I can wait until spring for the plants.
LJ

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

LJ,
Do you still have the Cedar Waxwing plate? I would be interested in working some type of trade for that one.

Mickey

Galien, MI

Let me check and get back with you. Right now, I'm doing good knowing my name. Too much multi-tasking! lol

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

LJ, thats ok, no rush. I know the feeling about the multi-tasking, been busy here too.

Mickey

Galien, MI

Just checked...the cedar waxwing is still here. Dmail me and we can set something up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.