Interested in a named median SECRET iris swap?

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

******************* SWAP IS CLOSED TO NEW PARTICIPANTS! ***************************

We'd follow same basic rules for other swaps except this one would be a secret swap.

I'd say 3-4 named miniature (both dwarf and tall), standard dwarf, border, and/or intermediate bearded irises. Must be named varieties. Bonus plants optional

Happ, I'm taking a chance. Where's my cheerleader? :P

The first 10 people to type "I'm IN!" gets in to help make the magic happen. Please send name and addy via DMail so I can pass it on to your shipper.

Irises must be delivered by August 1 via USPS Priority Mail.

Now, as DS has all-star game today I won't be back until this evening to check this thread, once it rolls past 8 AM on 7-18.

Roni

PS "I'm IN!"

This message was edited Jul 18, 2009 6:43 AM

This message was edited Jul 18, 2009 7:21 PM

This message was edited Jul 23, 2009 10:46 AM

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Participant List (I'll list you once I have your mailing information on file)
User Name
1. Elizabethtown === Sent 7/23
2. DaLoveRat === Sent 8/3 === Rcv'd 7/28 (Done)
3. makj === Sent 7/28 === Rcv'd 8/6 (Done)
4. sharondippity === Sent 7/28 === Rcv'd 7/30 (Done)
5. maxsmomma === Rcv'd 8/1
6. karmafarms === Sent 7/30 === Rcv'd 7/30 (Done)

Hopefully the list shows up this time.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2009 3:15 PM

This message was edited Aug 3, 2009 3:18 PM

This message was edited Aug 6, 2009 11:16 PM

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm in. D-mailing you.

Gainesville, TX

count me in

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Don't forget to send your dmails.

Santa Ynez, CA

Etown, how is it a total secret swap?????

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

ok so I will get to know who is who obviously it's hard to keep a secret from myself. LOL.

of course, it will be a random drawing so I won't know until I pull it out of the hat of course.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2009 4:08 PM

Santa Ynez, CA

just checking, like I did for the TB swap:)

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

yeah, I guess. I will dmail everyone who they should send to once we have our 10 - 15 participants. Everyone must be on vacation. I thought it would have filled up already. :( well off to work in the garden some more.

Santa Ynez, CA

maybe they all are just too hot to check it out, maybe tomorrow:)

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm in, please!

Lebanon, OR

With me being commerical I would not want repeats and I have about 100 that are not even listed, so I can not play

D

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

oh bummer...

South Hamilton, MA

Lack of space means can't play, even though we have mainly medians. Having to cut back because needing room for seedlings. Bless you for giving medians a go.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Don't forget to send the Dmail to me Momma! :)

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

IrisMA -- too sad you can't play.

We are 1/2way to our participation total. Spread the word folks, spread the word.

Roni

Marshall, TX

Count me in, Roni!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

gotcha -- will update list at the end of the day as I'm running out of edits. You are #6 Vickie.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

well, I guess we can wait until Thursday and then play with the number we have. I'd really like at least 10, its such a tidy number (LOL), but if not on Thursday I will send out addresses of the person to whom you should send your package -- this may or may not be the person that is sending yours.

Roni

Santa Ynez, CA

sounds good to me.......

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Okay folks, the drawing has been made. Just want to recap this trade is for 3 (or more) named miniature, dwarf, intermediate or border bearded irises (MDB, SDB, IB, BB, or MTB). The classes can be mixed within the swap, but please no tall bearded irises in this swap, unless they are bonuses.

------------------->>>>>>>>> DLR, I saw that Gingersnap on your trade list -- really, it smells like rootbeer?

Let me just say that we may be a small group, but our lists are dynamite. Enjoy this swap and look for the Dmail with your recipient's name. Remember it's secret (well for you guys it will be until you get your boxes -- DS11 helped pick the names so it was for me too until I saw the list!).

Roni

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Remember to use USPS Priority mail unless your recipient is in your hometown. LOL. :)

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Yup Roni like Rootbeer.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I guess I need to be getting me some of that then! On my wishlist it goes.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I sent mine out. It's heading away from the Mid-Atlantic. Been traveling for 28 hours now. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow if not today.

Roni

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Remember to post here when you've send and then again when you receive your trade.

Roni

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Received my box yesterday morn.
Thank's Roni.

Gainesville, TX

priority leaving out today

Santa Ynez, CA

they are on their way today!!!!!!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Folks, check the 2nd post for who has sent and who has received. Remember to post here when you send and when you receive so that we can keep track and know when we are finished. Let's wrap this up quickly, how about by August 15 everyone should have received their box.

Roni

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

bump

Gainesville, TX

received today from Makj

gnu rayz, jive, cat's eye, overcast, quicken, concertina, bugaboo, jane eyre, hottentot, and more than 2 of each.....very generous. Bonus tall beardeds.

I wish I could have sent as well to my partner. I sent only the minimum as I don't grow many dwarfs or intermediates. I hope the selections made up for the few in number.

Thanks to Roni for hosting.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

It's okay shar. Looks like Marie's box is going to help you go far towards a median swap next year. :) I'm glad you got your box.

Roni

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you so much!! I got mine on Saturday. : )

Will be sending my iris out to my 'partner' this week. They got a little drenched in all the rains this weekend and need to dry out some more.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

;-) Thanks for letting us know.

Roni

Gainesville, TX

I am gonna start getting concerned if mine doesn't post today

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Shipped my box out today.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Whoops Jackie. That's my fault. I forgot that Vickie sent me a Dmail to let me know she had sent AND received hers on the same day.

Perhaps she will jump in here and let us know what you sent her.

Sorry for causing you worry.

Roni

Santa Ynez, CA

patiently waiting:) not like I need more or anything else to do, but you know how that is.....LOL

Santa Ynez, CA

WOW, Daloverat, really came through........tons of iris he sent me, none of which i had.....could not be more thrilled, many thanks Joe:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.