*sigh*

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

hi there,

what a couple of days.......... just went to the doctors and he told me I have a fractured spine! I have had no major trauma's falls or anything so we have to investigate the density of my bones. Well......... I went to get the scan for it only to be told in a room full of people that I was too "Big" to be done. It seems that there is a weight limit and I exceed it........ itwas really awful.... I went and hid in my garden....
I suppose it seems strange to be worried about a room full of people and then get on here with 4,000 users and tell everyone but I dont feel that way about you all. I dont feel judged but I feel understood.

yucky day............
dont worry I will pick myself up, dust myself off and carry on. As for my back I just dont know yet and wil be careful.

On a different note just to make my day a little more upsetting... I have aphids eating my climbing rose! they eat the buds before the flowers come out. I have tried white oil but it doesnt seem to be working... can you help?

thanks
Laura

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I know exactly how you feel Laura. I am so sorry you had to go through that. The same thing happened to me with an MRI. I was told my local hospital could not do it, that I would have to go into Coulmubus to have it done. Gardenwife and I both struggle with our weight. It's no fun. You have friends here and we don't care about the outer person just the inner. We are all beautiful people when you look at it that way. I hope your garden cheered you and know you always have someone to talk to here.

Howard

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Ditto to what my hubby says, Laura. Sorry you had to go through that today! :-(

As far as the aphids go, I find that a good blast with the garden hose several days in a row does a good job. Also, not an instant solution, growing nicotiana works well because it's sticky and aphids love it and they get stuck to it! But a good blast from your hose for a few days in a row, when you notice them, will do wonders. :O)

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5a)

Hi Laura, I am so sorry that you had to go through that! Because of not having a pituitary gland I too struggle with my weight and always will. I am not a doctor but I do have osteoporosis and it sounds to me like that is what you have. If I were you I would talke calcium supplements. Calcium citrate is absorbed by your body better. I have also heard that oyster shell calcium is good too! Other than that keep gardening because it good for you mentally and physically!:o) Keep your chin up because you are beautiful person inside and that is all that matters!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

dearest laura,
my heart goes out to you. i never had much of a weight problem, until i became disabled, between the medications and the inactivity, i have put on 80 lbs. i still feel like the same person, but the outside isn't. so i guess all in al that is good. i've always been a good person, not that i haven't made my mistakes. haven't we all. :)

warm huggggggggggggggs from this "Just my size", Plus Size lady to you.

debi

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh, Laura, I wish people would realize just how hard life is for us and be a little kinder. Here we are dealing with the pain every minute and trying to keep going and smiling and someone throws us a very unkind curve! Everyone above speaks for me and as tinkerbell says, gardening is very good for you, and even fights osteoporosis!

you guys made me cry........
thankyou............
I cant believe that I am recieving so much love from so far away... actually you dont feel so far at times.....
I have looked a long time and you were all worth waiting for...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hugs........... feels good

bless you all

Laura

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

I am another one who fights the weight. With diabetes and arthritis I am told lose the weight and you'll feel better. Well they don't tell you how to ignore the pain that you have every minute of every day. Gardening is my only outlet. I have buckets chairs etc all throughout my yard so I can sit every few minutes. You wonder why people are so hateful. Don't you just love the looks you get when you park in handicap spaces with your decal. I had one lady wait forme to get out of the car and stand there and tell me I see two legs and no wheel chair or crutches so why are you parking there. People should realize that disability comes in many forms and just because we have all of our limbs does nt mean we are not disabled. I to have been told too big for the table when they wanted to do a heat stress test. They also said it right there in fromt of everyone. I almost died. I left that office in tears and never went back. I found a different doctor and things were quite pleasant. He nor his staff ever embarrassed me that way. I am so sorry you went thru that. I know your pain and feel for you. Take care of your self and let us all know how it goes with your back.

Thanks for your support JCF.. I sympathise with you too...

will keep you all updated...

Laura

Mansfield, MO(Zone 6a)

My beautiful daaughter had the same problem with an MRI. It is rediculous! It is one of the few things that gets me angry! There are so many things that affect weight and yet medicos act like there is only one cause. Keeep up the gardening, it is good for the bones and don't let idiots keep you down. I have had bone density tests and from a lay view point can not imagine why weight should affect your having it run.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

JCF, I would have been *this* close to slapping that woman silly. Oooooh, it rankles me when people do stuff like that.

They dont think cos it doesnt effect them....

so many people are likethat about so many things arnt they?
I suppose thats just human nature....

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This message was edited Saturday, Sep 22nd 8:26 PM

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

You poor dear! I have a special feeling for anyone named Laura, because I had a precious daughter I named that, and lost her at age 13 to cystic fibrosis. Incidentally, she was the typical CF child, thin as a rail, but somehow would get the idea she was fat and just terrify me that she would become anorexic in addition to the other problems. I wish I could have been there when that insensitive rag of a creature insulted you. I have developed a terrible side to my personality, in that I just slice people up when they are mean. My tongue takes on a life of its own, and my language is second only to my intensity in its ability to rip to shreds someone needing a reality check. I have decided those people haven't been fortunate enough to have real problems in their lives because God didn't think they were mature enough to handle more than the most basic functions. Goodness knows they would never survive what you live with, certainly not well enough to plant and nurture living things. I'm glad you have the good sense to be a gardener, and can be comforted by it. I'm going to put a friend into my trouble box for you. Every night while you sleep, she will work on your troubles for you.

thankyou aimee, that is so thoughtful and comforting.....you all are..... it is hard sometimes and I cant imagine what you must have felt losing your laura and probably still do..... but I can imagine.. i am sorry for your loss......

that is human nature isnt it? people dont always think or their heart is in the right place but their brain isnt...

thankyou for your support and kindness

Laurax

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Guys...I struggle with weight too, but I struggle to keep it on. I eat like a horse and barely weigh 100. Recently, I dropped 30 pounds in just over a month and they think it's colon cancer(there's a mass in my abdomen)..Well, there is no way that i have cancer, I just can't keep on weight. People call me names(even a few friends..)like anorexic,scrawny, sickly and I have even been accused of being a crack-head. Well, I don't do drugs and just because i am thin is no reason to call names. I totally agree with you, that we should be judged by what is on the inside rather than the outside.

Success, MO

Laura, ... Everyone

I read all your (OUR) stuggles.I feel your pain along with my own.Can't help but cry.Please know,I Pray daily for us all.

As for all those "unfeeling" People out there,well I Pray for them too.What a shallow hallow life they must lead ? I Pary they NEVER need endure what we feel and live with each and everyday !! I don't feel hate towards them , I feel sadness and pitty.

Will admit on my 'Good days' I've been known to go off on a few of the worst of them.I will never tolerait abuse or torment of any sort directed at a child !!

As for the weight issue . If you read and or believe in the studies on the issue.You will find MOST of the human race are considered 'overweight'.You will also find most of us HAVING to take many of the drugs we do,cause a wieght increase.I've been trying to find a doctor to help me replace my meds with herbs.Could be something to check out ??

Laura , you hold your head high !! 'They' will never keep us down !! Please call this HOME . We will ALL be here for each other !!

Much Love to all,
NOWeedSZ

thankyou..
home it is..... friendship warm and true..
the same back at ya!
LauraX

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the Aussie BBQ welcome, Laura! :o)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

People that have never struggled with weight make me ill. I had injuries 10 years ago and that added to the polio that I had as a child and all the meds and not being able to get around well has put weight on me. I can't understand why so many think that we like being overweight.
Take heart there are many like us. Illness alone is enough to worry about let alone being put down by thoughtless others.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Amen to that, HoniBee!

ditto

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.