Lucky Ducky… A duck on a pond, pt. 2

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

awww, i bet that was cute too.

Just checking in…

I've heard from Susan, the rehabber. Sounds like the duck now owns her house. He has free reign apparently. He's learned to use the dog steps up to the bed and is allowed on the bed. Probably thinks he is in heaven.

I'm saying HE now, because she really thinks his behavior is more of a drake. He is more laid back and less independent. I had some suspicions that might be the case, as he was a momma's boy! I guess he loves her grandkids as I knew he would.

Here is one quote that made me smile:

Quoting:
Last night we were out in the yard and he did the porch steps all by himself and walked right in the house like he owns it. (I think he does).

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

See, you were a very good teacher for "him" and now he's showing off to make you proud. I'm happy to hear he's enjoying that new home-almost as much as yours.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Awwww, how wonderful!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

That's great news!!!

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

YEA

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

That is too funny. It's wonderful that he is addapting so well. But I bet it tuggs at your heart too. Are you gonna visit him?

Sheri

PERTH, Australia

Wonderful news, Marna. You must feel a great sense of relief.

I do feel a sense of relief. I also have this urge to hold him and snuggle. But I feel really good about it. I should be getting a pix or two this weekend.

I think the release will be towards the end of september.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Sounds like he is doing great...you gave him a good start with your dedication. Glad he is doing well!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Wonderful job on raising the baby. It is always hardest when we give them up. But knowing you got him off on the right path is your reward.

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with this sweet little baby duck.

Janet

hey Janet, you are most welcome.

Update picture from the rehabber. Look how BIG he is.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

and

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow...she(oops!) he has really grown and looks great!

This message was edited Aug 13, 2009 2:16 PM

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

She ... errrr he is really growing likes a 'shrum' lol. Oh that little puppy - look how they seem to get along just fine. Amazing!

Marlton, NJ

OMG she is big! Looks like she is having quite a great time! Thanks for the update Mrs Ed. Hope the itching is subsiding.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

boy thats something,soo cute,and big

Yah, look at those tail feathers! I could just feel them before he left.

Yes, Susan thinks it's a he. She says he has all his belly feathers now. The other duck and he get along, but are not pals.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Wow...he sure is growing into a handsome dude! Uh...do you think he and the dog are a little spoiled? It looks like he is very well taken care of and how nice of the rehabber to send the pics.

Yah, a bit spoiled I'm sure. Lotsa love in that house!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OMG! Look at all those feathers...almost no fluff left! Looks just a little spoiled ;o) As it should be. lol

spoken like a true duck mother.

I just want to give him a big squeeze.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Awww, he's so big but he still has that smile in his eyes. Looks like he's happy and growing like a weed. You should be very proud of yourself, he's found a good home and we all still get to follow his progress.

Thanks for the update, I'm very happy for you "proud mama".

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I noticed the remote on the bed near Duckie so I guess between him and the Pom the Duck selects the entertainment!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

;0)) Birdieblue

Awww what a sweet heart, such a cutie.Thanks for the update, Mrs-Ed.

Marlton, NJ

Mrs Ed, Have you decided whether your going to be there when he is released?

PERTH, Australia

Marna, he's a treasure and so are you for giving him such a good start to life.

Well I'd like to be there for the release. And now that time has passed, I feel like I could even go visit him without falling into pieces!

Man, ducks are so cute, aren't they?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

HE really is growing right along there. Amazing that the dog and duck are together... I had a fried who had a dairy goat that was a companion to a blind horse. The goat would lead the horse out to the pasture in the morning and bring her back in at dusk.

I really love seeing difference animals getting along.

thanks for the updated pics.

Janet

Hey Janet. Yah, he was starting to get along with our dogs. In fact, he once called for the dog, who wandered away from the pond.

Here's another pix she sent of when I first turned him over (notice the fuzz).

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Marlton, NJ

Very cute!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Gee, that's a sweet picture!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Too cutie...

Bet he doesn't fit in one hand anymore...LOL

Janet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.