July in the garden part 2 2009.

london England, United Kingdom

Great flowers and plants everyone! July has been fantastic and so colourful, looking forward to seeing August flowers!

Thumbnail by terriculture

Yardqueen, your sunflower number 18 is the tallest one at the front, not flowering yet!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hey BB right now that miscanthus is about 12' and still has a way to go. It gets huge and huge in diameter as well.
I have coneflowers in several colors, but as pretty as they are they dont' do well as cut flowers for me, they just never seem to appear very healthy in a vase.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is my miscanthus ambrosia.. its only about 8 foot, maybe 9 when it plumes.

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, here is my miscanthus gigantus.. the privy fence is 6ft... Id say mines gonna be 14 at the plume! Got a long way to go before it blossoms. We put it there to hide that ugly fence. The fence is not ours and it is hideous

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Chicory

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

The KONG family!!! (Are we tired of coleus yet??!!)

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

daylily after a rain!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

A few after a rain!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ok, off to the loooofa patch.. or maybe the sunflower patch...

Not tired of Coleus or anything! would like to see a few more pictures actually!!

Here's my wish list....
More pics of, Morning Glory, Trumpet Vine, Gayfeather, Lucerna? African violets, Nasturtiums and Hibiscus please!

Pleased with Godetia, it has been flowering for weeks.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

hey, Terri - if you are letting any of those godetia go to seed, can I have some, pleeeasse?? I would love to try growing them again.
Do you want any purple larkspur seed? It may have been years since I have sent any mail to London - we had an Englishman visiting us for a year years ago, but can't remember if I ever mailed him anything.

Sorry - no plants on your wish list growing in my yard except for a 4 inch pot of Liatrus with only leaves. Nasturtiums are all gone for the season. I have pretty much restricted my plantings to either cut flowers or flowers with fragrance, and fruit trees. Not quite a monoculture, but not a huge variety. Tuberose is almost opening, though. and still some gardenias and some Meyers lemon blooms with wonderful scents wafting throughout the backyard. Naked ladies are up!! Watch for them in the yard and vase thread........

Blossom - do you eat the young loofah? They are a common Chinese vegetable, and my mon used to grow them, but the critters always ate them before she can pick them so she gave up. I loved eating them.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi, I am back.. the loofa is growing nicely.. no, thou shall not eat the loofa, we want the sponge!

Ok, I can do more laitris and trumpet vines.. but thats all I got of your other requests!!

Gonna try yo plant some ornamental kale.. dont know if it will be too late to do it or not. Never tried it this late.

Here first though is the wisteria. It has a few lonely blooms and is sporting beans too!

OOOObah dioooo....

ohoh.... I think I just turned someone into a toad....

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Croakers... what have I done....

ooooooobahh dooooo bah.... szam!.....

I gotta lay of f the majik.... Wisteria and beans for sure!

Hi Dianne, I'll collect some seeds for you and any others if there's anything anyone wants from my garden. I've never done a seed swap thingy..LoL!
I didn't know you could eat loofahs or loofas? learn something new here everyday!
Sounds lovely and fragrant in you garden Dianne, may we see the Gardenias and lemon blooms please?
Thank you, I'd like some of your purple Larkspur, it does well for you. The ones I bought from the lottie shop were very disapointing!

Thanks Blossom, I bought a trumpet vine once, it was lovely but it died over winter!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Trumpet vine.. mine is orange but has no flowers yet. Last year I stripped it off the GPS and made wreaths out of it. It has taken over my garden..here it is on the gps....

Sorry no liatris today... will have to go out to the prairie to look

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

That derned trumpet of mine, shoot, winter cant kill it here at 85 below. LOL!

Ok, here are my four oclocks in a huge pot.. Some of the other flowers in the pic are some gomphrena in the pots below the 4 oclock, they have petunias in them but I just sheared the petunias back so I cut all the blooms off for the next wave of blooms to come.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ok, ending my day with a daylily called September Gold...almost looks like terris back in the beginning of this thread!

I didn't realise Trumpet Vine was so invasive, I've only seen a harmless looking pot plant of it.. lol.
September Gold does look like mine Blossom.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, that probably is the closest thing I have looking like your daylily there terri!

Heres my liatris for you today... got you some cones and some garden phlox... must "stick" it in a vase!

(Zone 6a)

Hi All! Everyones blooms a gorgeous! I just snapped some pics this moring so here they are :)

Steven

Vanilia Marigolds, Marine Heliotrope and a Limelight Licorice Plant

edited to say that the photo just doesn't do it justice...

This message was edited Jul 31, 2009 11:35 AM

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

4 'o' clock form last night. This is my first time with a pink or a marbled one, previously they're always yellow or cream!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Adonis, this is my first time growing this as well.

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Garden view, with Cracker Jack Marigolds and Veggies in large tubs behind

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
South, TX

Wonderful pictures!

(Zone 6a)

Plants by the door. The Nicotiana are beautiful at night......with the sceen door open you can smell them and the petunias while watching tv!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Thank-you Sally!

Here's Fuchsia boliviana by the door as well. Don't you love how the flowers hang down?

BTW, hows your Amaranthus Terri?

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

another garden shot

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

one more

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Sunrise coneflowers...............apparently the rolled petals is some sort of side effect from the tissue culture.................I like them just the same, even if they're not supposed to be like that :)

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

and lastly, this is the most jumbo sized marigold I've ever seen! It's bigger then a tennis ball!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

AWWWWWESOME!!

Thanks for the Liatris Blossom! lovely little grouping around the vase of pretty flowers.

Hi Steven, You've got a colourful garden, it looks great!
So many lovlies there, what is the one growing up the trellis? Are they Nasturtiums in your hanging basket? I've fallen in love with Nicotianna this year, the scent in the evening is so nice! what veggies are you growing?
The Amaranthus has tassles... lol. this one is quite small.

This one is much bigger!

I've forgotten the name again... Dianne knows!

A Michalmas Daisy crashed my Hot flower bed ... thats nature!

Asters starting to open..

Another flush of cornflowers..

Sweet peas , I keep cutting them and get more everyday!

South, TX

Lovely, guys. I had to catch up and see everything close up. The colors on the Aster's and cornflowers are great. Love the jewel tones.

Sw, I can't believe the size of your marigold! A tennis ball! wow!

South, TX

OOH! Pretty Sweet peas!

Guess what!? I have to start OVER on my gardening. We are moving to the Houston area very soon!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.